2: "I'm sixteen."

Allura blinked at Pidge, confused. "Sorry, what was that?"

Pidge was extremely thankful she'd only muttered her comment under her breath. Pidge shook her head and cleared her throat, taking Allura's hand while attempting to conceal the blush growing on her cheeks. "It's nice to meet you too," she tried to say monotonically, though her voice was shaking quite a bit. A really hot British transfer student was standing in front of her and shaking her hand; how could she not be nervous?

Pidge got her shoulder patted by Mrs. Haggar again. "Alright, I'll leave it up to you. You have the rest of the day off if and only if you behave yourself for the remainder of the day. Now, run along."

Pidge nodded and slipped her hands into the pockets of her jeans, nodding her head at Allura to gesture the direction they were escaping from the adults in. Though, Pidge wasn't completely sure she wanted to escape since then it was only going to be the two of them, and based on how awkward Pidge was already feeling with the butterflies in her stomach, things weren't going to get any better. Only worse.

"Are you a junior?" Allura questioned, her smile back.

Pidge nodded with narrowed eyes. She could feel Allura questioning her actual age just because she was short—even though that wasn't new, it still bothered her.

Allura's smile stayed unwavering. "I like your shirt."

Pidge looked down. She'd genuinely forgotten what shirt she was wearing that day; it was a light gray, long-sleeved shirt with one pocket on the top left that had a simple colorful design of a little planet and some stars. She looked back up at Allura with a blank expression since she was mostly confused now. Her shirt was so simple compared to what Allura was wearing, yet Allura was complimenting it. "Uh, thanks." Pidge looked at Allura's dress again before stretching her neck back up to look at Allura's face. "Your dress is... interesting." Pidge didn't really know how she was supposed to compliment a very odd dress she personally would definitely not wear.

The height difference was slightly aggravating for Pidge. She had to bend her neck nearly all the way backwards to be able to see Allura's eyes.

"Oh! I nearly forgot!" Allura suddenly blurted, pulling a paper out of a hidden pocket in one of the creases of the dress' skirt. "This is my schedule. Can you help me find my classes?"

Pidge simply nodded and checked over her schedule. The nearest class she had was a tech elective, which Pidge was thankful for.

Until she realized they were in the same class, the same period. That class was one she also had with Lance and Hunk, meaning they'd be all over her about her gay interest in Allura. The butterflies set on fire and sunk in her stomach as Pidge worried over what was going to happen after the weekend. Despite being relieved that it was Friday and there was the weekend awaiting her, the tension in her chest refused to ease up.

There was an awkward silence between them as Pidge lead the way to the tech room.

"Do you like cats?" Allura suddenly blurted.

Pidge simply nodded with a grin in Allura's direction. "I have two at home. One's mine, one's my brother's."

"Oh, that's so sweet! I have five and my dad's have two, one each," Allura added.

Pidge was starting to realize how much of a cat lady Allura was. She didn't exactly want to respond, so she didn't.

"Have you been told you are adorable? Your height makes you seem like a middle schooler! How old are you really?" Allura giggled, genuinely smiling.

Suddenly Pidge's liking to Allura dropped, as did her face. "I already told you, I'm a junior, not a middle schooler. I'm sixteen."

"Sorry, it's just that you're so short," Allura giggled. Pidge didn't appreciate the cheerfulness Allura was radiating. "You must get mistaken for a middle schooler often."