31: "Who isn't worried?"

The two of them walked down the hallway towards the back door, ready to head home. Hunk had his phone out, texting his mom... whichever one, that was. Pidge simply walked down the hallway, a pit in her stomach. She hated when Hunk or Lance had something going on and were being stubborn.

"So, we invite him to the Red Top for 9:30?" Hunk checked again as he finished texting his mom, keeping his phone out.

"Yeah. That way, I'll be done with Allura and fireflies will be out, so long as they didn't hide away from the brief snow." Pidge sighed, looking up in despair. "I sure hope this works."

"Nann's asking if you want to come over," Hunk yawned. "She's making breakfast for dinner, including pancakes, hash browns, and eggs. She also has a pie baking." Hunk grinned with a hum. "Breakfast for dinner is the best."

Pidge hummed as well, taking out her phone and texting her mom.

Hey, would it be okay for me to go over to Hunk's for dinner before going to Allura's for tutoring? And after that, Hunk and I want to take Lance out since he's been... off... I'll be home by 11. Is that okay?

Thankfully, her mom immediately read it and responded.

That's fine! Make sure to be home by 11.

Pidge grinned, looking up at Hunk. "My mom's cool with it. And hanging out afterwards."

"Awesome!" Hunk beamed.

Pidge rolled her eyes. "You're that excited about dinner?"

Hunk huffed, crossing his arms. "I didn't eat lunch today."

"And whose fault is that?" Pidge teased with a blank expression.

"I was too busy trying to talk to Lance," Hunk defended.

Pidge shrugged. The two continued talking as they opened the doors and exited the school, entering the soft breeze and warm air. Hunk's house was close enough to the school to walk to it within twenty minutes. Pidge felt much more relaxed after taking a walk outside, finding herself leisurely talking and laughing as they entered Hunk's apartment building and went up in the elevator to the right floor. They got to Hunk's door, Hunk reaching out and knocking.

The door opened, revealing two women—one of which very clearly related to Hunk, the other not. The one related to Hunk had the same hair hanging by her shoulders, the same shimmering sunny skin, and honey-filled eyes. She was also similar in build, with broad shoulders and being overall larger in weight. The one without blood relations had curly black hair kept up in a messy bun, tan skin covered by tattoos on her arms and chest, and hazel eyes. She had a bulky figure as well, except most of her bulk consisted of extremely defined muscle in her upper arms, back, and thighs. Both women simply wore t-shirts and jeans, though Hunk's blood-related mom was also wearing an apron.

It made sense that everyone in Hunk's family was a bit larger; they all had muscle and massive sweet tooths. If Pidge could guess, this was the second time this week they were having breakfast for dinner. But, along with their sweet tooths, they all had very sweet smiles.

"Pidge, it's so good to see you again!" the mom with the apron, Nanette, pulling Pidge's tiny figure in a big squeezing hug.

The other mom, Liona, let out a small laugh and leaned in the doorway with relaxedly crossed arms. "Been a while."

"It's nice to see you, Mrs. Nann and Mrs. Liona," Pidge muttered into Nann's arm while being enveloped.

"Come in, come in! I'm just about to get started on dinner," Nanette bubbled as she let Pidge go and went back into her apartment.