51: "Coffee was made by and for the Chinese manufacturing companies."

Something about seeing the Tickle Me Elmo staring everyone down the first day after midterms gave Pidge a burst of excitement. It reminded her of the first day it'd been in the classroom, Lance glaring at it and asking what the fuck it was. Lance was going to see it again for the first time in over a month. The last time Lance had seen it was December 20th, the day before their winter break—the day of Lance's attempt. Today was February 1st. Today, Lance was finally coming back to school.

Pidge took her seat in class, taking her phone out while waiting on Lance and Hunk. She opened her chat with Allura.

Hey, tutoring session today?

She pointlessly turned her phone off, her phone buzzing in her hand a second later as she got an immediate response.

Goddess: Yes!

Goddess: It is a Wednesday, isn't it? ;)

The unironically typed emoji made Pidge scrunch her nose but she giggled and responded in the same fashion.

It is ;)

"Macadamia nut, all the way," Lance's voice rang into the classroom through the open classroom doorway.

Pidge put her phone away as Hunk's voice became audible too, the two of them stepping into the classroom.

"That has white chocolate in it," Hunk grimaced. "You want them to have white chocolate in cookies?"

"It's supposed to be a festive ball," Lance said, his eyes nearly popping out of his head. He would have definitely been flailing his arms had he not needed them for his crutches. "What's Valentine's Day without white chocolate? And macadamia nut cookies?"

"A good Valentine's Day," Pidge cut in with a smirk as Lance and Hunk took their seats.

Lance scoffed. "Fine, why not have a variety of cookies? Chocolate chip, macadamia nut, and M&Ms."

"What about oatmeal raisin? Some people might complain if there aren't oatmeal raisin cookies," Hunk pointed out.

Pidge put her head in her hands, grumbling into them, "Does it really matter?" She didn't exactly see the importance of the food at a school dance.

"Everything has to be just right," Lance insisted with a huff, crossing his arms and lifting his chin—the usual dramatic flair he held no matter what the topic of conversation was.

"But tastes should at least be somewhat accommodated for," Hunk added gently, grinning as always.

Pidge quickly found herself regretting Lance being off bedrest. Just for a moment. For the most part, she was glad he was back. But there were points that made her feel like she'd taken her few weeks of quiet for granted. Like tech, for instance. She didn't sit with Allura; instead, Allura joined the three of them, and Lance made sex jokes the whole time. Pidge wasn't sure she was ready to make sex jokes around her girlfriend yet. Then again, they were close enough. At least, Pidge hoped they were. Especially for the sake of chemistry, where Pidge glared up at the front the whole time, head against her lifted hand and other hand squeezing her pencil. Plaxum was making Allura laugh. Not just giggle. Laugh.

There was a loud cracking noise, startling the entire class. That included Pidge. She looked down at her hand to find her pencil snapped in half. She looked back up at the class with an embarrassed smile. Pidge's eyes locked with Allura's concerned ones. Pidge blushed and shuffled to get into her bag and replace her now broken pencil with a perfectly intact one. The class resumed.

Lance leaned to the side, whispering, "Okay, what was that?" while still pretending to watch the teacher—who had her back turned to them as she scribbled formulas on a chalkboard. Pidge glowered up at Plaxum, who had resumed making Allura need to cover her mouth to not disrupt class. Lance sucked in a breath through his teeth. "Oh." He then turned his head, the movement catching Pidge's attention from the corner of her eye, and flashed a wicked smile. "Who would have thought the little lesbean would get jealous?"