54: "They're perfect for me."

The last bell of the day rang. Pidge yawned and packed up, ready to go home and sleep. She hadn't slept well the night before at all, having back to back nightmares either about her dad or about Lance. Not only that, but she was stressed out because it was Friday—the day before the Valentine Ball. She sighed as she swung her backpack over her shoulder and pushed in her chair, leaving the classroom while looking at her shoes. She took a few steps down the hallway and looked up.

"Gah!" Pidge yelled as she jumped backwards and shrunk into her shoulders.

The eyes that had startled her narrowed as the mouth attached to them peeled into a smirk of a smile. "Is someone daydreaming about Allura?"

Pidge groaned, glaring at Lance. "Fuck off, Lance. You startled me."

Lance lifted his chin proudly. "That was the point."

Pidge yawned again. "What do you want?"

"We need to go buy our tickets," Hunk reminded, popping out from behind Lance.

Pidge turned her glare to Hunk. "You let him startle me?"

Hunk gave her wide eyes while leaning his head to the side, nodding twice. Pidge immediately caught on. They had other things to work on.

"So," Pidge slowly drawled as she began walking down the hall, using the time it took Lance and Hunk to turn and follow her to think up something to stall, "are you ready for tomorrow, Head of the Planning Committee?"

"Yeah I am!" Lance exclaimed. "I got enough signatures for the petition; we're going to have a photo booth!"

Pidge smiled evilly. "Are you going to take a bunch of pictures with Keith?" She turned her smile to Hunk. "And you with Shay?"

Hunk groaned and Lance huffed with an over-exaggerated pout.

"If I can get him into the booth," Lance grumbled.

Pidge softened, giving him a normal grin. "I'm sure you'll be able to. If you can't," she smiled evilly again, "I can."

"How?" Lance questioned, skeptical.

"Guys," Hunk cut in, pointing forward. Both sets of eyes followed his hand, turning to find two tables at the front entrance of the school being cleared off. "They're starting to pack up."

"Then what are you waiting for?!" Lance yelled, practically running with his crutches towards the table with a determined smile on his face.

Hunk and Pidge both laughed, following him from a few feet behind and walking normally.

"It's good to see him in such a good mood," Hunk sighed happily.

Pidge grinned widely. "Yeah," she agreed softly, "it is."

They approached the table, and Pidge's heart stopped, making her face go white. Mrs. Haggar stared the three of them down, tapping her fingers on top of the box she had just packed everything into.

"What are you three up to now?"

"We just need tickets." Lance gulped before adding, "To the ball."

Mrs. Haggar looked past Lance, glaring Pidge down. "You better not have something planned."

"We don't," Hunk nervously laughed while waving his hands.

"Well, you better not do something unplanned either," Mrs. Haggar practically growled as she took a roll of tickets out of the box.

"We won't," Lance insisted proudly with a raised chin.

"I was talking to her." Mrs. Haggar pointed a chipping, red fake nail directly at Pidge.