15: "My forgiveness and presence..."

Lance pushed another cookie against Pidge's open cheek, the other cheek being pressed against a lunch table.

"Eat the cookie," Lance demanded.

Pidge didn't respond. Lance put the cookie closer to Pidge's mouth, getting something out of Pidge; Pidge groaned and turned her head the other way. "I don't want the cookie," she muttered with her face against the table.

"If you're feeling this bad about not catching her earlier, why not walk over and talk to her now?" Hunk suggested, catching Pidge's eyes as she darted them up to see his gleaming grin.

Pidge looked over his shoulder to see Allura at another table, talking to Plaxum and a table full of other students. Allura glanced over, Pidge immediately darting her eyes back to Hunk and then back down again as her cheeks flushed. "No," Pidge grumbled.

A cookie hung in front of her face again. "Eat it," Lance aggressively whispered from behind, standing up from his seat just to put the cookie in front of her face again, his face above hers.

Pidge glared at the cookie. "I don't want it."

Lance gave a huff and sat back in his seat. Pidge's phone buzzed in her pocket. She grudgingly took it out.

Allura: Would it be possible for you to come over after school rather than later in the evening?

She sat up and slammed the phone face down on the table.

Both Hunk and Lance gave her looks.

"You alright there, Pidgeon?" Lance asked.

Pidge gave him a deathly stare.

Lance sighed and gave her a disappointed look. "A text from Allura. I'm right, aren't I?"

Pidge groaned and put her face to the table again.

"Hey, don't ignore it! You should respond. It's a tutoring day. A chance for you to get time with her!" Hunk encouraged enthusiastically.

Pidge simply replied by giving him a deathly stare, too.

"Don't make her talk to Allura," Lance hissed at Hunk. "She hasn't been treating our poor little lesbean right!"

Hunk raised an eyebrow at Lance. "This? Coming from you? Mr. Heartbreaker?"

"Yeah, well, I'm different now," Lance huffed defensively, crossing his arms again.

Pidge found it in herself to sit up again and half-smirk at Lance evilly. "Different for Knife Man?"

"Shut up!" Lance cried, covering his face with his hands.

Both Hunk and Pidge laughed.

"Back to the subject, though. Pidge, you really should respond." Hunk was being gentle now. "Even if things aren't great right now, you shouldn't cut her out. That could make things worse for your chances."

Lance groaned. "He has a point," he mumbled to Pidge, though he then glared at Hunk. "But Allura has been hurting Pidge. She doesn't deserve Pidge's forgiveness or presence."

"My forgiveness and presence..." Pidge muttered to herself with wide eyes directed at the back of her phone, a galaxy case. She picked up her phone and slowly tapped her screen to conduct a thorough, well-thought response.

Yeah, why?

She gallantly set her phone back down.

"So?" Hunk leaned his head in with both eyebrows raised.

Pidge shrugged. "I'm not sure yet. When I get a reply, I'll be able to say more."

Hunk and Lance exchanged looks and shrugs. Pidge's phone buzzed the next second, Pidge swiping her phone from the table and checking it with sparkling eyes and a smile.