43: "I love you."

Two weeks.

Two. Weeks.

No texting. No calling. No tutoring. Nothing. Nothing outside of school. What made it worse was that today, Tuesday, January 24th, was the last day of school for the week. Midterms began tomorrow. Lance was getting off of bedrest tomorrow. Hunk and Shay were friends. Plaxum and Shay had ended up painting about sexuality together as an ally and a bi. Allura talked to Pidge in every class possible and in lunch. But nothing was really happening. Pidge's awkward feeling of needing to address the parking garage more and if Pidge had a chance or not sat in the back of her head for two whole weeks. All of this was dawning on Pidge as she gathered her things, the last period of the day wrapping up. To put it simply, it didn't make Pidge feel at ease.

As though an angel was watching over her, Pidge's phone buzzed as the last bell of the day rang and she roamed the hallway.

Goddess: Hey! Can we get together for some cramming?

Pidge sighed, looking at the library doors ahead of her in the hallway.

Do you want to cram at the library or one of our houses?

Pidge didn't get a response. Instead, she got someone running up to her suddenly and jumping on her, giving her the tightest hug she'd had in ages. The air was knocked out of Pidge.

Allura pulled away, giving the soulless Pidge a bright smile. "Today's officially one month! Of course we have to go to my house to celebrate."

Pidge coughed and sucked in a long breath to pull her soul back in and gave Allura a weird stare. She didn't even know what to say. One month? What was Allura talking about? Pidge had no idea what Allura was referring to; she was extremely confused.

"Come on! My dad is already waiting in the parking lot." Allura grabbed Pidge's hand, pulling her past the library.

The car ride was a blur. As was being dragged to Allura's room. Pidge was too caught up trying to figure out what Allura had been talking about. It'd been a month since December 24th. It'd been a month since they visited Lance on Christmas Eve. It'd been a month since the parking garage.

It'd been a month since the parking garage. Could that have been it?

Allura sighed and shut the door to her room, dropping her backpack. Pidge dropped hers too, watching as Allura stormed up to her and got way too close. "This has been going on for far too long and I'm done giving you space."

Pidge was awoken from her daze, being gently pushed backwards onto Allura's bed. Her knees were off the edge, making it easy for Allura to straddle Pidge's hips with her own feet over the edge. Allura put her hands down on either side of Pidge's head, staring down at Pidge while she kept herself up on her hands and knees. Allura had determination painted all over her face as she stared down at Pidge with no grin or smile. With that look, Pidge finally found it in herself to finally let the front fade, feeling a weight lift from her chest as she took in a deep breath.

Pidge let the breath out in a sigh. "I haven't been avoiding you, I just don't know what to make of our interactions lately..." Pidge gulped, being stuck staring up at Allura's gorgeous face above her. Pidge couldn't help turning pink while averting her eyes. "Um, what did you mean by one month? Did you... Did you mean for a relationship?"

Allura huffed, drawing Pidge's eyes back to her. "You've avoided me and friend zoned me for a month! A month! Absolutely, I want to be girlfriends. I thought kissing you in that garage would make you understand that! But, apparently, it didn't get through your thick skull, so I'll come right out and say it," Allura whined. She took a deep breath, turning red herself and averting her eyes while biting her lip before letting the breath out and staring down at Pidge with a look of determination. "I love you." Allura leaned down and kissed Pidge's forehead, holding the touch for a few seconds.