14: "Knife Man."

Lab day wasn't something to look forward to, especially with what had happened over the weekend and it being a Monday morning. At least in tech class Pidge could just overlook Allura's presence, but in lab, her, Lance, Plaxum, and Pidge were a table.

Lance, having rushed with Pidge out of tech to get to lab first, sat down with a loud yawn before speaking abnormally loudly. "You ready?"

"Pipe down," Pidge grumbled, sitting down and averting her eyes—which wasn't hard, considering she had to take the papers for the lab out and put them down on the table. "I'll just talk to you or not talk at all."

"Alright, queen bee," Lance joked, though Pidge wasn't having any of it. She kept her eyes averted with a gentle frown. Lance frowned himself, giving a small apologetic grin once she glanced back up at him. She looked away again for a second. The next time she looked, Lance's grin had turned into a smirk.

Pidge was not looking forward to the next hour and a half.

Allura plopped down beside Pidge, Plaxum taking her seat next to Lance. Plaxum immediately ran off to go get goggles and aprons, leaving an extremely uncomfortable silence between Allura and Pidge. Pidge glanced up, finding Allura glancing sideways at her. Pidge's heart raced and she immediately darted her eyes around to make it seem like she wasn't doing anything but looking around. She totally wasn't just looking to Allura because she adored the sight. Totally.

Allura cleared her throat. "Are... Are you doing well today, Pidge?" she hesitantly asked kindly.

"Mm," Pidge quickly hummed in response, looking at Lance.

Lance gave her big disappointed eyes and nodded his head sideways a bit, then mouthing, "Talk to her!"

Pidge glared at him, mouthing back, "Traitor." She then gulped, erasing her glare. "H-How about you?" Pidge stammered, looking to Allura.

Allura smiled once Pidge was looking at her. "I'm quite well, thank you." She then leaned in and whispered, "Though, I think I would have been more prepared for today had Plaxum stepped aside and let you tutor on Saturday."

Pidge and her both exchanged smiles and lighthearted snickers. Pidge looked to Lance, who gave a smile and a small thumbs up.

Plaxum didn't come back with goggles and aprons; instead, she brought over a wooden box with no top, containing a bunch of wooden balls with holes and even more plastic sticks.

"We're making molecules today," Plaxum announced, as though none of them already knew that was the lab that day.

Suddenly, the table buzzed, Lance picking his phone off of the table. His face immediately lit up with the biggest smile it could manage, his fingers flying as he responded to a text. He put his phone down and put his elbows on the table, his chin in his palms. "Keith invited me over for dinner."

Pidge raised an eyebrow. "Keith? And you? Getting somewhere? Are you lying to me?"

Lance huffed, crossing his arms and pouting. "We are getting somewhere, thank you." Lance's phone buzzed again.

Pidge, smirking widely, snatched his phone and looked at the message despite him screaming at her to give it back.

Knife Man: I almost forgot to tell you. The Voltron series release date got pushed forward. Now it's going to air on Valentine's Day.

Pidge looked up at Lance with the most unamused look possible, continuing to hold his phone while Lance held his head. "Knife Man."

"Just give it back!" Lance whined into his arms.