21: "You're quite charming."

Her bedside table buzzed, Pidge groaning and rolling over on her bed to lift the face of her phone off the table and see what it was. Her glasses sat beside her phone so she had to squint to see anything with her tired, watery eyes. It was currently 4:18 p.m. on Friday, December 15th, 2017. Pidge made out the contact name of the text and grumbled.

Allura: Hey! You've been absent for two days now, and you cancelling so early yesterday has me worried... Are you able to tutor today? I want to see you, as well as I feel left behind now.

Pidge huffed after taking a solid seven seconds to make out the entire message. She didn't want to respond, but she supposed responding with something short would be less rude, so she sharply responded before setting her phone back on the bedside table.

Busy.

She rolled onto her back, staring at the ceiling. Seeing the stars didn't help her. She rolled onto her side, her back to the door and instead facing her phone. She was able to notice her phone light up a few seconds later, her heart somewhat hoping it was Allura calling her out on her bullshit. She sat up and tilted her head to look at her phone.

Losershooter: I'm sorry

Lance never capitalized his I's so Pidge was a little concerned, but at the moment she was too disappointed that it wasn't Allura to care about anything really. She simply lay back down on her side with another sigh. She shut her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to clear her mind of the memories that were plaguing her ability to function. That was all she had had on her mind for two days. She'd been in bed for two days as a cool-off period from her break down. Her mom had even taken time off to stay home with her since her mom was so worried. Everyone was worried, but Pidge ignored all of the texts for the most part. She didn't want to interact with anyone. Even though she was curious as to why Lance would apologize. She wondered if she was making everyone feel awful because she was avoiding conversation. She sure hoped not.

She drifted off to sleep for another half an hour until her bedroom door suddenly burst open and she nearly fell off her bed from being startled.

"What the hell?!" Pidge yelled, turning her head.

Her eyes widened as she caught the last second of Allura running to the bed before she threw herself onto it, landing on Pidge. Allura shifted so that she was spooning Pidge without any words said between them. Pidge's heart exploded. She had to swallow and take a deep breath before being able to say anything.

"Uh, Allura?"

"Yes?" Allura answered with her warm breath faintly brushing Pidge's neck.

Allura was at ease, but Pidge sure wasn't.

Pidge's stomach churned with more butterflies than she'd felt before, her face turning bright red. She choked trying to talk. "Why are you here?"

"Lance told me everything." Allura let out a sigh, snuggling into Pidge more. "I couldn't simply let you be."

There was a pause, Pidge's head too jumbled to figure out what to say as Allura ran a hand through Pidge's hair. Pidge was enjoying the pampering—at least, she thought she was underneath all of the nervousness. She was both nervous about being touched and nervous because of Allura bursting into her room. She wasn't over nearly falling face first to the floor. And, of course, some nervousness came simply from Allura's presence.

"I'm so sorry about everything, Pidge," Allura whispered to break the momentary silence. "It's not your fault."

Everything awkwardly giddy dropped in Pidge. Without any warning, tears began slowly rolling down onto her pillow; she still couldn't handle being told it wasn't her fault. She sniffled, raising a hand to wipe her tears, though Allura caught her hand and moved up on her elbow in order to loom over Pidge. Pidge didn't know whether to be intimidated or aroused, though she quickly caved back to her crying. So she just let herself cry more. Allura gave her a look she'd never seen before. Her eyes spoke of care, her mouth spoke of nothing but a concerned frown which for Allura seemed abnormal, and her hand spoke of adoration as she wiped the tears from Pidge's face ever so gently, even as they continued flowing. Pidge shut her eyes and let herself cry again for the seventh time in two days, this being the second time to cry in front of anyone that wasn't her mom. Allura allowed her to turn back onto her side, though Allura stayed up on her elbow to look over Pidge's shoulder and continue gently caressing her face to catch her tears before they fell to the pillow.
"It's okay," Allura gently whispered here and there as they did this for a good four minutes.