16: "Annoying Thing numbers 1 and 2."

"Thanks for the ride!" Pidge called as she hopped out of Coran's car.

"Not a problem! You can count on us for a ride anytime," Coran replied with a smile.

"Thank you for all the help today, Pidge." Allura gave a smile from the back of the car.

Pidge grinned. "Not a problem." Both she and Allura exchanged a giggle before Pidge shut the car down and skipped up to her front door.

"Hey, mom! I'm home!" Pidge called as she stepped into the house.

Her mom poked her head out from the kitchen. "Hey, honey! How was your time with Allura?"

"Great! We watched Voltron," Pidge beamed. Her mom raised an eyebrow. "And ate dinner. Then we studied."

The raised eyebrows turned into a grin. "Well, you seem much happier than you've been for the last few days."

Pidge's cheeks burned, and she averted her eyes from her mother's. "Y-Yeah... I still have homework to do though, so... I'm going to head upstairs." Pidge ran off upstairs awkwardly while her mom laughed and went back to whatever she was doing.

Pidge sighed as she pushed her bedroom door open, closing behind herself right away and walking over to her desk. She sat down and took some unfinished work out, though she couldn't focus. A name kept interfering with her focus.

Matt.

Pidge sighed again and got up. She ran downstairs to find her mom had made brownies and was sitting in front of the television.

"Hey, I made brownies. You want one?" Her mom turned in her chair to face Pidge and held a square out to her.

Pidge took it with a grin. "Thanks." She wolfed it down, more eager to talk than eat brownies, which showed in her serious expression. "So, uh, do you have any idea when Matt's next open weekend is?"

Her mom shrugged. "I haven't heard anything from him about when he plans to visit. Why don't you text him?" she suggested with a smile.

Pidge nodded. "Yeah. Thanks, mom."

Pidge rushed back upstairs, though she stopped halfway up and came back down. She ran over to her mom, gave her mom a kiss on the cheek, and ran away again, calling, "I love you, mom!"

"I love you too, Katie," her mom called back.

Pidge grinned and re-entered her room, picking up her phone off her desk and immediately texting Matt.

Hey, when do you next have a free weekend?

Asshole of a Brother: Not for a while... I'll visit as soon as I can, Katie, don't worry about it.

Don't call me Katie.

Asshole of a Brother: It seemed appropriate.

You're the one who introduced me to Voltron and gave me the nickname in the first place!

Asshole of a Brother: Yeah, I guess I did.

Pidge groaned, though she couldn't help but giggle at her brother's annoyingness.

I miss you Matt.

Asshole of a Brother: I miss you too. I'll be home asap.

You better be.

Pidge put her phone down and flopped down onto her bed, no longer worrying about her homework. She then remembered a small festival was coming up, one that she and Matt had deemed routine as kids. Matt had missed it the year before, which meant Pidge had dirt on him.