24: "Take-out Chinese!"

Pidge sighed as she looked at her phone, shaking her head as she was heading down the street towards her house. They'd ended up staying at the mall until 5 p.m., which was about five and a half hours. Even so, she was getting a text from Allura.

Allura: Today was awesome! Thank you for indulging me and Lance. Would you mind coming over for tutoring? I know we've already seen each other a lot today, but Saturday's are meant to be work days... Sorry I forgot to ask before we left the mall. I would have had you over for dinner as well, but a night time tutoring session would be lovely. That is, if you don't mind!

Pidge couldn't help but snort as a grin formed.

I don't mind. I'll be over at 7 and stay till 9 or 10?

Pidge didn't even get to shove her phone back in her pocket before she got a response.

Allura: Sounds wonderful! See you then!

Pidge snorted to herself yet again, quickly sending, "See you later," before putting her phone away and stepping up to her front door. After opening the front door and proceeding to shut it behind herself, not bothering to call out anything or look around because she expected silence; her mom usually shopped for groceries Saturday evenings.

As she was taking off her second shoe, Pidge was suddenly enveloped in someone's embrace. His curly, light brown hair was a little too long, nearly getting in his brown eyes behind his round glasses. He was wearing a black jersey jacket reading 'G.I.T.' over a dark blue t-shirt and jeans, along with orange sneakers. In other words, it was the person Pidge followed in the footsteps of for many, many aspects of her life.

Pidge's purse and bags dropped to the floor, as did her jaw. Her dropped jaw quickly became a beaming smile as her arms wrapped around the person holding her, yelling, "Matt!"

"Pidge!" her brother exclaimed in return.

Both of them laughed a little as they hugged and pulled away.

"You made it," Pidge gushed.

Matt chuckled. "Of course I did. I wouldn't miss our favorite festival for the world." He then poked his head out to see past Pidge, pointing at the bags on the floor behind her. "What are all of those for?"

Pidge sighed through her teeth. "Lance and Allura bought me a bunch of stuff at the mall."

"Oh, is that the community service girl?" Matt questioned with a grin.

Pidge turned red and huffed, averting her eyes. Her brother snorted and shook his head with his hands on your hips.

"So, you finally have a friend you're interested in?" he teased.

Pidge twitched her nose with a glare in his direction. "No," she lied, though she then crossed her arms and went on to tell some truth. "She and Lance are insufferable together. Especially at the mall." She let out another sigh, turning to grab the bags. "I'll take all these upstairs. Be right back."

"Okay," Matt responded to acknowledge her before walking back to his stool.

Pidge quickly ran upstairs with the four bags, three of which were from J.C. Penny's. Pidge sighed and threw the J.C. Penny bags into her closet, letting them fill her closet floor, and simply put the Sephora bag on her dresser. She never wore makeup, so it was pointless for Allura to have bought her makeup. She sighed to herself as she went back downstairs, finding that Matt had pulled a stool around for her to sit next to him in. A grin came back to her face and she sat next to Matt.

"How's the community service going? It seems like you're already friends, going shopping together," Matt commented, looking at Pidge with a genuine grin she missed seeing every day.