Three.

I lay on bed staring at my ceiling as my mum lay down a bed in my room for Bev's nephew that was arriving this afternoon.

"You could help you know?" My mother snapped, I just sighed in response.

"Have you taken you're medication?"

"They're called pills mum" I don't understand why she uses the word 'medication' instead of 'pills'.

I think she just uses it to fabricate the whole thing, but she doesn't have a problem with using the word 'depression'; infact, she uses that word quite a lot.

"It doesn't matter what they're called, and you know I don't like that word," she sighed for which felt the thousandth time today, "have you taken them?"

"Yes" I rolled my eyes, she's pretending to care again.

I listened to her go on about the importance of the pills for about half an hour whilst she sorted out space for our guest.

She then went downstairs ranting about something else that I didn't listen to.

I just sat on my bed for a while with my headphones in, i decided to get on with my geography homework which was tuesday, I'm just grateful we have tomorrow off.

No one likes Mondays anyway.

~

The doorbell rang from downstairs and I froze.

He's gonna think I'm a weirdo. Or he's gonna be a weirdo, but it's more likely gonna be me.

"Callie can you get the door, it will be Ashton" my mum yelled from across the hall in her bedroom.

At least I know his name now.

I opened the door and was greeted by a boy quite a few inches taller than me with wavy light brown hair and fairly tanned skin.

"Hey!" he smiled enthusiastically, "you're Callie right? Your mums told me about you-" his smile faded and he looked lost for words, "I didn't mean like, about, about your, you know..." he trailed off.

I knew my mum tells people about the depression and 'illnesses' as she says, but no ones ever brought it up with me. they just sit there and smile sympathetically.

"Don't worry about, she tells most people" I gave him a small smile, "Shall I help with your bags?" I offered.

I had to admit I felt slightly sorry for him, having to move from people you know to sharing a room with me.

"Sure"

I grabbed one of his suitcases and a duffel bag and made my way upstairs.

"Ashton! Oh my god, how you've grown" my mother appeared on the hallway and squealed like a four year old.

I rolled my eyes as Ashton and my mum had a converstaion.

I put the bags next to Ashton's chest of drawers, ready for him to unpack.

This is going to be an interesting few months.

~

I finally introduced Ashton! sorry it took so long and sorry it's so shitty but yeah, here ya go!