Eight.

Callie;

Walking out of the bathroom i heard Ashton talking downstairs. Does he talk to himself?

When i listened closer I heard he was on the phone.

"You really planned this didn't you?" he laughed.

"I don't see why not" he said.

Opening my door slowly, I tried to not disturb his call.

I walked past the living room and he was lay down on the sofa with the phone pressed to his ear.

"I'll ring you back later" he said quickly, before he saw me.

"Who was that?" I asked quietly, almost afraid to ask.

I have no right to be angry or jealous if it was his girlfriend. I wouldn't even be surprised if he did have, he was funny and smart and creative and very hot, but when he told me he wanted to get to know me I thought he meant it.

Maybe he did mean it, but he wanted to get to know me, not have any time or relationship with me.

It's the stupid pills, I knew I shouldn't of taken them, I shouldn't of let Ashton know how I missed England. Or how I felt so alone.

Because know he knows a little more about me, he can use that to hurt me a little bit more.

"Just a friend" he shrugged standing up.

"Oh" my voice was even quieter now.

I knew it, of course he had a girlfriend. Ashton's like one of those guys from movies, perfect but has that one thing, and his one thing is his girlfriend.

I'm not even sure if I wanted that type of relationship with Ashton, I would love to know about him as much a he says he wants to know about me, but I'm not sure if I want a romantic relationship with him.

Well, I suppose it doesn't really matter now.

I wouldn't stand a chance over someone who already has him.

"Shall we go get ice-cream?" He said after looking through all our cupboards.

"I c-can't sorry" I shook my head.

I'm not sure why I can't, I just can't. He has someone else he can go out with, but she's a few hours away. I felt let down, disappointed, I don't know what I was thinking would come out of this. But I was thinking something more than friends, maybe one of those things in movies where we aren't actually going out but we spend most of our time together.

Maybe I watch to many films. I've got this idea of a fantasy relationship in my head when in Ashton's head this is all probably a game.

~

Ashton;

"Just a friend" I shrugged standing up to look for something to eat. It wasn't a lie, I just won't tell her that I don't want to mention her to Michael.

I felt like I was playing a game, but it was just me playing.

Opening all the cupboard doors, I realised we didn't have any food in and neither me or Callie had had any breakfast.

"Shall we go get ice-cream?" I asked her.

She shook her head, "I c-can't sorry" I frowned slightly but didn't question it.

Shrugging again, I re-opened all the cupboards even though I knew there was nothing in them I could eat.

As I turned to face her, she was biting her nails and staring at the floor.

"Are you okay Callie?" I asked, stepping closer to her.

She didn't stop biting her nails or staring at the ground but she nodded.

"I don't believe you" I said.

Slowly she looked up from the ground, still not stopping biting her nails, and looked at me.

Her long eyelashes fluttered against her cheeks as she blinked slowly, her breathing got faster and I hadn't even realised mine was doing the same.

Stepping closer, I cupped her face making her keep looking at me.

"What's wrong Callie?" I breathed trying to keep my eyes on hers instead of her lips.

"Nothing" She mumbled not moving her body away from mine.

"I know you're not" I leaned even closer so I could feel her breath, "But you need to tell me" as I lips brushed it's like something snapped inside of her and she pushed me away from her and backed away.

"What are you doing?" she looked me up and down with disgust.

"What do you mean?" I stuttered, "You didn't stop me" I raised my voice slightly.

She let me get that close to her, she let our lips touch.

It wasn't completely her fault, but it wasn't completely mine.

"I mean, why would you do that to me if you've got someone else?" She exclaimed, her voice louder than mine.

suddenly, her mood made sense. She thought when I said 'just a friend' I meant girlfriend.

"I don't have a girlfriend Callie" I said my voice returning to a normal tone.

she looked shocked, as if I had been lying to her this whole time.

"I know that's what you thought but I don't," I explained as I studied her face searching for an emotion, "When I said 'just a friend' I meant it, it was my band mate"

She looked relieved, her eyes fluttered shut briefly and she breathed out slowly.

"Sorry" she breathed.

"It's fine," I laughed, and it was, "I mean if you look at me you would think I had a girlfriend" I smirked moving towards her, resuming our previous position.

"Shut up" she smiled and rested her head and my chest.

I didn't think she would do this so quickly, I know she's not offering to sleep with me but this type of contact is enough.

Not sure what else to do, I wrapped my arms around her and we just stayed there for a few minutes, hugging in the kitchen.

"This could work you know?" I broke the silence and she looked up and frowned.

I meant what I said, this would work. We could be together for the time I was here and keep in touch after I left.

"This could work," I repeated, "I like you Callie, I want to get to know you, and I think if we were a... you know, a 'thing' it would be easier" I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and looked at her, waiting for a response

"I've known you just under 24 hours and you want to be a 'thing" she said skeptically, quoting 'thing'.

"Yeah, it sounds weird I know but," I didn't know what to say, it wasn't planned for me to ask her, but it seemed right at that moment.

But clearly Callie didn't agree.

~

shitty I know but bare with me