8

A sudden noise awoke Taehyung. Fearing the worst, he snapped to his senses and jumped to his feet, standing in front of Jungkook in a defensive position. When he realized where he was, he was so confused that he fell to the ground. 

"Oh! Um, sorry to alarm you."

Taehyung looked up to see a tall man with broad shoulders and a beautiful face looking down at him. The man smiled shyly. He stepped forward cautiously- as if approaching a frightened animal. Reaching out a hand, he helped Tae to his feet.

"Sorry," Taehyung mumbled, embarrassed.

"It's okay," The man replied, "I understand. I shouldn't have barged in like that, I know you're probably wary and all..." He trailed off awkwardly.

"Yeah," Taehyung said, scratching the nape of his neck, "Um, I'm Taehyung. This is Jungkook."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Soekjin but you can call me Jin. I'm sort of like the medical professional of this facility. Namjoon told me that one of you was sick?"

"That would be Jungkook," Taehyung replied, stepping around the bed to stand next to Jungkook.

Somehow, the younger had managed to stay asleep through all this. Taehyung smiled as Jungkook rolled over in his sleep.

"He must be tired," Jin commented, "You both must be."

Taehyung nodded. Jin took a crumpled up sticky note out of his pocket and smoothed it out on his hand.

"Vomiting, stomach pain, headaches..." He read it aloud to himself, "Painkillers, flu medic- Ah! So he's been given medicine already. What did you give him?"

Taehyung took the small container out of his backpack and showed it to Jin.

"Oh, oh my. That's prescription stuff," He observed.

"I had no choice," Taehyung muttered gravely.

"I see. It's a good thing you got it though, it seems he needed it quite desperately," The broad-shouldered male said quietly.

He was standing next to Jungkook, a hand on the younger's forehead to check his temperature. 

"How did you not catch it?"

Taehyung shrugged.

"I'm immune, I guess. He gets sick easily."

Jin nodded. 

Just then, Jungkook finally came to. He shrieked at the sight of an unfamiliar face leaning over him.

"Jungkook, don't be frightened, I'm here to help. My name is Jin, I will be taking care of you until your recovery," the older explained calmly.

Jungkook nodded as he caught his breath and looked around the room. When he spotted Taehyung, he smiled weakly and reached out both hands towards him. Taehyung climbed up next to him and gave him a little hug.

"So it seems that you've been medicated already, so there's not much more I can do. However, word got to me you had a broken leg as well?" Jin prompted.

Jungkook nodded and sat up, rolling up the pant leg that was over his injury. Jin leaned over and examined the brace that was tightly attached to the younger's leg. Taehyung explained how he'd gotten some medical experience in the past and was able to set Jungkook's leg properly with a brace he found in the pharmacy. Jin nodded intently, listening to the story without interrupting.

"That's very good. Jungkook, you are very lucky that Taehyung found you when he did," Jin said to the younger.

Jungkook nodded and shot Taehyung a little smile. Then, Jin took on a semi-authoritative voice, though he didn't sound rude or too demanding.