31

[a/n: Brace yourselves.]

Taehyung's p.o.v.

Taehyung could feel himself slipping away. Slowly, slowly, like leaves in the wind. Piece by piece, day by day, fading, fading, fading...

Jungkook's p.o.v.

Jungkook waited impatiently, shifting his weight from foot to foot. The war was starting. Today. Where was Min Ji? He saw her talking to a group of soldiers across the Great Passage's main room. He quickly made his way through the people who streamed through the place, turning the halls into violent rivers, each person with his or her own special set of tasks to stress over.

Jungkook reached her, calling her name over the loudness of the halls.

"Jungkook. Wait a moment, stay by my side."

Jungkook did as he was told as she finished handing out the tasks she needed to be done by her high-ranking soldiers. Each person had been fed and made fit for the day's coming events.

"Are you ready?' She asked. 

Jungkook replied with a nod. 

"Come with me."

Min Ji took him down a hallway he'd never seen before. He had to speed-walk to keep up with her long stride. She led him up a staircase. At the top, a breeze whipped through the air, revealing that they were on the roof.

"This is where I need you to be in exactly ten minutes. Until then, you can do anything you need to do. However, keep an eye on the time. Understand?"

Jungkook nodded.

"Yes, Ma'am."

He didn't know why he needed to be on the roof in ten minutes, but he decided not to question it. Over the course of the days he'd spent here, he'd learned to trust Min Ji. She knew what she was doing.

They made their way down the staircase again. Jungkook gave Min Ji and curt nod before heading off.

Taehyung's p.o.v.

He didn't know why he felt so strange. So nervous. The blackness still engulfed him, the silence surging through his head. But for a split second, he thought he could hear Jungkook's heavy breaths.

Jungkook, what's going on?

But his voice was weak and his words fell from his lips silently, never reaching their destination.

Jungkook's p.o.v.

After a few minutes, he found his family group. They were preparing themselves, tying shoes and fixing uniforms. The looked up at him when he approached.

"Guys, I need to talk to you."

"What's up, Jungkook?" Namjoon asked.