27

[a/n: Guys I am so sorry- I almost forgot again, please forgive me! I have been busy all day but that's no excuse. Don't worry I'll work harder! Please excuse any mistakes in this chapter. Love ya! 💜]

Jungkook

Jungkook awoke to a knock on his door. 

He got up and opened it slowly, cautiously. He peeked his eyes around the door to see who it was.

"Hello? Jungkook, did I wake you?"

He rubbed his eyes, flinging the door the rest of the way open. Jimin stepped inside and gave him a hug. 

"Jungkookie, I don't like it here. It's too lonely."

"You used to sleep by yourself anyway, though, Chim."

"I know... but this is different."

"How so?"

"I don't know," Jimin replied, walking over to the bed and sitting down, "It just doesn't feel right."

Jungkook closed the door, staying silent until he sat down next to the older again.

"I know. It doesn't feel right at all," Jungkook mumbled, laying his back flat against the bed.

"I think they're serving breakfast," Jimin said quietly after a moment of silence.

"You should go eat, then," Jungkook advised, getting to his feet and pulling Jimin up after him.

"Are you coming?" He asked.

"I'll come later," Jungkook replied, opening the door.

Jimin looked at him with sad, disbelieving eyes.

"Ok, Jungkook," He said before stepping through the doorway, "See you soon."

Jungkook nodded in response and closed the door, going back to sit in the chair next to his bed.

***

Jungkook didn't know how long he had sat there, his mind completely blank, just looking through the one-way windows. There wasn't as much commotion in the place he'd heard was called the Great Passage. Of course, there were some people who ate breakfast extra early and had started their day already, but most were still in the so-called Dining Hall.

A knock at his door startled him into alertness. He got up and opened it to see Min Ji standing there, a welcoming half-smile on her face. Jungkook flashed her a lopsided smile as well, having heard smiles were rare for her and trying to show appreciation.

"Ah, Jungkook. Good morning. I didn't see you in the Dining Hall. Have you eaten?"

"Oh. Yeah... Yeah, I've eaten."

She looked at him skeptically for a moment but didn't question him more.

"I saw you up during the Night Gathering last night. You didn't seem to be talking much."

Jungkook gestured for her to come in, realizing this was going to be a conversation, not a quick greeting and order. He remembered the gathering last night. He had originally gotten up because sleep was not coming to him, but found that he'd risen at just the right time to be a part of the large crowd of soldiers who were mingling and talking. The halls echoed with the sound of them socializing, and Jungkook had half-heartedly listened in on their gossip. Nothing too useful, but he learned more about his new environment.

"I learn more about this place by listening rather than talking," he replied shortly.

She nodded approvingly, taking a seat in a leather chair.