28

Taehyung

Taehyung was submerged in darkness, the silence a thick liquid that drowned out his senses. But that hadn't stopped him from feeling Jungkook's grief. The younger's words echoed in his head.

"Hang in there, Taehyung. Be strong. I'm coming. I'm coming as fast as I can."

The older felt helpless; he wanted nothing more than to run home to Jungkook and wrap him in a hug, comfort him and reassure him that everything was going to be alright. But instead, he was stuck here, in the prison of his own mind, useless. No matter how much he tried, he couldn't wake up from this infuriating state of dormancy. The fought and kicked and screamed into the silence, but his struggles faded away and were worthless.

"Jungkook, I miss you. It's driving me crazy..."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

"None of this is your fault, Kookie."

"I wish I could believe that."

"Jungkook, I'm slipping away... I can feel it, as time goes on. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to hold on."

"Don't give up. Don't you dare give up on me, Taehyung. You hear me? Don't you give up! I'm coming, Tae... I'm coming..."

His voice faded away, slipping on the edge of Taehyung's ears. 

"Okay, Jungkook. I promise..."

Jungkook

When Jungkook awoke, he kept his eyes shut tight. He tried to go back to sleep, to continue his conversation. Sure, he knew it wasn't real, but the echo of Taehyung's voice in his ears was the only thing keeping him sane at the moment. When sleep didn't come, he sighed and sat up, opening his eyes

He changed into his uniform and approached the doorway. As he did, though, there was a knock. He opened the door to find Jimin wearing his own uniform.

"Hey, Jungkook, how are you?"

"I... uh..." Jungkook rubbed his eyes and sighed heavily. "I'm alive. How are you?"

Jimin sighed.

"I'm ok. Are you going to come to breakfast today? Me and the other members couldn't find you at any of the group activities yesterday... are you, maybe... avoiding us?" The smol mochi bit his lip and looked away.

"What? Of course not. I... wasn't at the group activities. I went to bed early last night."

Jimin looked slightly relieved but pouted and looked up.

"We couldn't find you at meal times, either..."

Jungkook looked away, unsure how to respond.

"Okay then... let's go eat shall we?" Jimin asked, dropping the subject.

Jungkook nodded and let Jimin grab his arm and lead him through the Great Passage to the Dining Hall.

Once there, they found the table the others were sitting at.

"Jungkook!" Namjoon was the first to spot them.

He smiled his dimpled smile and stood up pulling Jungkook into a hug.

"We couldn't find you yesterday," He commented, releasing the younger, "Is everything ok?"

"Yeah, yeah, everything's fine. I..." Jungkook turned to everyone's questioning faces, "I was just really busy."