30

[a/n: The good news is, I finally got the special Jimin's p.o.v. chapter done! The bad news is, I didn't actually wrap up this side-plot. Whoops.]

Jimin's p.o.v.

Jimin walked down the Great Passage. He had just gotten back to base from his morning patrol assignment. One and a half weeks had passed since he and the other members had arrived in the military base.

He was worried about Jungkook. He knew the loss of Taehyung was hurting him and he hadn't failed to notice that the younger had grown increasingly more distant as the time passed. He had remembered a brief, late-night conversation he'd had with Taehyung at one point in the past.

"...Yeah, Jungkook wasn't always so outgoing."

"What do you mean?"

"When I first met him, he was really cold to me. He was so untrusting and he barely talked at all."

"Really? I can't imagine Jungkook being like that."

Taehyung hummed in agreement. With that, he bid Jimin goodnight and slipped back into his and Jungkook's bedroom.

Jimin sighed, opening the door to his quarters and walking inside. He wondered if this was what Jungkook was like before he met Taehyung- quiet and reserved. He sat on his bed, running his hand through his hair as he worried.

There was a knock on his door. Wondering who it could be, he got up and opened the door.

"Hey, Chim Chim."

It was Yoongi.

"Hi, Yoongi hyung. What brings you here?"

"I was wondering why you weren't at lunch," He replied, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Oh. I just came back here to think for a little while to think."

"What were you thinking about?" Yoongi asked, reaching out to grab Jimin's wrist gently and lead him out of the doorway, closing the door behind him.

"Ah... Jungkook," Jimin sighed, allowing the older to lead him down the Great Passage in the direction of the dining hall.

"Hm," Yoongi hummed in understanding, "He sure has become distant lately."

"You've noticed too?"

"Of course. The whole group is worried. He hasn't come to a meal with us since breakfast three days ago. He's always working out, training, or nowhere to be found. I still don't know where he disappears to like that."

Jimin nodded his head, looking down at the floor. The two entered the Dining Hall, where the others were already halfway through their meal.

"Still no Jungkook, huh?" Jimin mumbled.

"I'm afraid not," Namjoon replied with a sigh.

They sat to eat with the others.

"Hey, Yoongi!" Hoseok chirped, coming back with second servings.

He 'made a space' for himself beside Yoongi, making Jimin move over. Jimin pouted, huffing as he scooted dramatically down the bench.

Hoseok exchanged a look with Yoongi, a curious glint in his eyes. He then turned to Jimin.

"Is something wrong, Jiminie?"

"No, no, no. I'm just tired from my patrol, we covered the whole eastern border."

"Ah, anything to report?"

"Yeah, actually. We found evidence that the ones without free will had patrolled exactly along the border. Like, the footprints were two inches away from our territory."