32

[a/n: I was going to wait until later to post this but then I remembered I had left you on a cliff hanger. Whoops :). So here, you can have this. It ends kinda weird and it's not edited, please don't come at me. I hope you enjoy it though. Love ya! 💜]

Jungkook watched the battle intensely, seeking out his family. He'd been keeping an eye on each of them. They'd been fighting for an hour now, both sides sending out countless reinforcements.

Min Ji was keeping track of how many ones without free will they'd taken captive and how many were out on the battlefield.

"Jungkook, judging by the number we've seen and the number of residents who once lived in your town, the next wave will be their final and strongest bunch," Min Ji announced.

"Does that mean...?"

"Yes. Let's go. Be smart and safe, you're well prepared."

She gave him a pat on the shoulder stepped towards the edge. Suddenly, the last wave of hazmat-suited vessels came rushing out of the woods.

"Run, Jungkook! Hurry!" She urged, motioning to the drop.

Turning to the edge of the building, they jumped.

[a/n: Don't freak out it's a one story building]

Jungkook landed lightly, rolling with the momentum to save himself from any pain. Jumping to his feet, he took off at a sprint. Running through the bloodied ground, he realized most of the ones without free will had been taken captive into the military base. This was the last wave they needed to worry about. The only problem was the soldiers had used up all their waves of reinforcements and they were tired and weakened. Jungkook and Min Ji launched themselves into battle.

Seeing that Jungkook and Min Ji were their biggest threats, multiple hazmat suited bodies attacked them at once. Jungkook raged through the crowd, smashing suits. He realized that the suits had metal exoskeletons inside, as well as colored wires. This must be what helps these starving bodies to move and stand, reacting to their muscle movements, Jungkook thought.

Suddenly, one of them came at him at a run. He realized they were holding a knife.

Surprise caused him to hesitate, the vessel taking that split second to their advantage and pinning him against a tree. He grunted and struggled. He punched them in the darkened glass of their suit's mask, it shattered, pieces falling around him. The person wielded their blade, unaffected, but Jungkook caught their hand and used his other to grip their headgear.

Twisting the helmet, wires snapped and fizzed as he threw it down. But it was not the electrical popping that caused Jungkook to gasp.

Inside, the hollowed face of an all-too-familiar man stared through him with empty eyes.

"Taehyung!" He cried, screaming in emotional agony.

Taehyung didn't hear, swinging the knife again, face blind and blank. Jungkook dodged and threw Taehyung off him, only to have the vessel follow, gripping the blade.

Taehyung swung again, this time slicing Jungkook's arm slightly.

"Taehyung! Stop! Please!"

Taehyung twitched.

"Tae!"

His eyes cleared for a split second and his breathing became uneven.

"J-Jungk-" He rasped, voice scratchy from being unused.

His body swung again, against his will.

"No! D-don't let me hurt you..." His eyes went still and blank again.