14

[a/n: Hey so did you enjoy the cliff-hanger? >:) Anyway, this chapter happens fast so be ready. Sorry that it seems rushed. Hope you enjoy!]

Taehyung and Jungkook awoke in a dark room.

"Where...am I?" Jungkook asked quietly.

"Oh, you're awake. How nice."

Jungkook recognized the voice of the man who'd come to the door earlier.

"What do you want?" Taehyung snapped.

"What do I want? I want you to need my help. Therefore, I've come up with a genius plan. So here's how the news report will go; 'because of a freak accident, the two survivors who are our symbol of hope were stranded in the middle of the apocalypse once again. But the brave actions of mister Bon-Hwa has brought them back to us.' What do you think?"

"I think you suck and I hate you," Taehyung spat.

"Well, you're going to love me when I get you out of there. I'm putting you back for three days, maybe four. What do you think? Longer? Hm, maybe. Five it is."

Jungkook squinted into the darkness as his vision adjusted, then he noticed the floor was vibrating and there was a humming noise coming from all around.

"Are we in a car or something?" He asked.

"Actually, yes. We are heading there now," Bon-Hwa explained.

"What?!" Taehyung exclaimed.

"Yes, and when we arrive, that poor Namjoon fool won't be able to save you this time."

"Who says?" Jungkook sassed.

"Oh, you poor, ignorant child. He doesn't know where you are. No one does."

Suddenly, the car skidded to a halt. A man's voice sounded over a walkie-talkie on Bon-Hwa's belt.

"Sir, it appears they've expanded about a quarter mile down the highway. We can't safely get any closer."

Bon-Hwa sighed.

"Let's drop them here then." He suggested over the walkie-talkie.

"Okay, sir."

The back of the truck opened shortly after and the two were thrown out. Then, after being shoved out nearly directly into the base of the ones without free will, the driver leaned on the horn of the truck before he sped off. Shortly after, the troops came to check out the noise. Taehyung grabbed Jungkook and ducked behind a huge boulder, squeezing as far as he could into the small space. He looked up the mountainside that this highway cut through. He had no clue if he could get to the familiar terrain of the town center again any time soon, much less find his old camp. After about twenty minutes, the troops headed back into the heart of their base.

As soon as they were gone, Taehyung began to make his way up the mountain.

"Where are we going?" Jungkook asked uncertainly.

"To higher ground," Taehyung answered.

They were silent for a moment.

"Hyung, I don't think I can do this again. I don't want to relive the apocalypse. I just... I can't. It was one of the worst times of my entire life. I can't do this again."

"Ssshhhhh, it's ok," Taehyung soothed as Jungkook's voice cracked and faltered, "I'll get us through this, I promise."

"Hyung, I cant!"

Taehyung sat Jungkook down on a rock and gripped his shoulders with both hands.

"Jungkook, you can. You are smart, young, and strong. You will get through this."