13

[a/n: I'm sorry for the long wait. I've been very busy lately 😓But anyway, here's your chapter- hope you enjoy!]

Jungkook and Taehyung awoke to the sound of the doorbell.

"Who would be awake at this time?" Jungkook asked, rubbing his eyes and glancing out the window.

"I dunno, let's find out," Taehyung sighed.

He rolled out of bed and tried to pick Jungkook up. Jungkook, however, rolled over and hugged the pillows, refusing to get out of bed.

"Jungkook, come on. Don't you want to know who it is?" Taehyung asked.

"Mph," Jungkook replied, still half asleep.

Taehyung let out a long sigh before wrapping Jungkook in the blankets. Once he was wrapped so much he looked like a human burrito, Taehyung picked him up and carried him out. Jungkook smiled sleepily, snuggling into Taehyung's arms. Taehyung smiled to himself, cooing softly at Jungkook's cuteness.

When they got downstairs, Taehyung tiptoed down the hall and towards the front door. Upon getting close, he could hear voices up ahead. He could make up Namjoon whisper-yelling.

"No, you idiot! The answer is NO! You're totally insane for coming around at this hour and asking us to just hand them over. I guarantee you they don't want to."

"How do you know? The survivors- Jungkook and Taehyung, right?- They haven't answered my question for themselves and you are in no position to answer for them," said the person at the door.

Jungkook's head shot up at the sound of his name. Taehyung adjusted him before walking out of their hiding spot.

"What's this about a question for us?" he asked calmly.

Namjoon stared at them in shock, but the man at the door pushed him aside and looked at the two. After a few moments, he bowed.

"So nice to finally meet you," he said sweetly before looking up.

"I said, what question?" Taehyung demanded.

He didn't trust this man and had no intention of having a pleasant conversation with him. The man simply smiled.

"There were two rescue organizations who planned to retrieve you. I am the leader of the other one, just like Namjoon leads this one," he explained, "My organization is much more professional, much more practical, much better all around. We can give you a better place to land and get back up on your feet. We can better help you earn a place in society than this fool ever could," he pointed behind him with his thumb at Namjoon, who stayed silent, "So, I have come to give you the opportunity to come with me. I guarantee you the better choice is to willingly come with me right now."

Taehyung looked at him in shock for a moment. Jungkook spoke up shortly.

"Um, let me think about that. No."

"What?" The man asked in shock.

This had been enough to make Taehyung snap out if it and join in.

"He said no. We can give you plenty of reasons not to. Would you like to hear some?"

The man stayed silent and Jungkook took this as a cue to speak.

"Number one, we don't trust you," he said, speaking for Taehyung as well because he knew Taehyung could sense the untrustworthy vibes radiating off the stranger.

"Two, we found a place where we can be loved and accepted by wonderful people," Taehyung added, taking turns with Jungkook.

"Three, it's four AM and we won't be setting foot outside if this house any time soon."

"Four, we are finally settling down. We don't want more change to arise."

"Five, you only want them for the fame," Namjoon cut in to give the final reason, "If you actually care about them, you would just be happy that they are safe. You would've taken their first 'no' as answer enough. Now, please get off my property or I will call the police."

The man stayed silent for only a second more. Then, he crossed his arms.

"Hmph. Well, fine then. I suppose you will not come willingly."

He paused.

"Good night, sleep well- you'll need it."

With that, he disappeared into the darkness.

***

Taehyung and Jungkook said good night to Namjoon and watched as he retreated wearily back to his room. They lingered by the front door for a while afterward.

"Jungkook, are you going to be able to go back to sleep?" Taehyung asked quietly.

Jungkook thought for a moment before shaking his head.

"Nope."

"Well, I guess we should go stare at the ceiling then," Taehyung joked.

"I don't know, maybe. He did say we needed rest..." Jungkook said quietly.

Taehyung nodded, then hugged Jungkook and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"I don't know what he meant by that, but whatever he's planning, I'll protect you." 

Jungkook smiled fondly at Taehyung before they retreated back to their bedroom.

[a/n: It's about to get real guys]

They dozed for a long time when suddenly they heard the window open.

[a/n: told u]

Quiet footsteps approached them and they held onto each other, knowing that all they could do was hope for the best. Then, two cloths were held up to their mouths. Jungkook, having not expected it, immediately passed out. But Taehyung held his breath, kicking and fighting. He threw the person off him and onto the floor before jumping up, taking a sweet breath of air, and running up to the light switch to flip it on. The lights came to life, revealing two people in all black suits and masks, one of them already having Jungkook slung over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes and heading for the open window. Taehyung ran at him and punched him as hard as he could, his knuckle landing right on the temple of the man. He fell to the floor, unconscious. Meanwhile, the other man ran at Taehyung, holding the cloth out. Taehyung tried to dodge, but the man had already been expecting this. In fact, he used it to his advantage and trapped Taehyung in a headlock. He held the cloth up to Taehyung's mouth and nose again. Taehyung held his breath and struggled, but he couldn't get out. His lungs screamed for air and eventually, he had no choice but to suck in a breath of the foul-smelling chemical. Then, everything went black.

[a/n: eh. Seems like a good place to stop, right? Yeah. Anyway, good night. :D]

P.S. Sorry for the short chapter. It's normally around 2100 words, today it's 1034 so :( but I'm too tired to keep writing so gn and keep asking questions in the questions/comments/concerns section in chapter 12 cause I'm going to answer them probably throughout the whole time I'm writing this book. Also sorry for mistakes I'm tired lol