18

Jungkook's p.o.v.

Darkness slowly consumed the late evening light, the pieces of sky that were visible flashing a brilliant shade of orange before fading. It was nearly pitch black in the abandoned train station, except for a narrow shaft of moonlight which filtered through the holes in the roof and just barely brushed the floor. A wind came whistling through the tunnel, moving Jungkook's hair across his face. The stars left butterfly kisses on the night sky, twinkling in and out of existence.

And Jungkook felt very alone.

Taehyung's p.o.v.

Taehyung gripped his seatbelt, one hand ready to press down the release button on the buckle, the other ready to pull the seatbelt off his body as quickly as possible. Namjoon was speeding through the empty streets in the direction they thought the woman must've run. Taehyung couldn't think straight. All he knew was that the love of his life had just been taken from him.

And it was all his fault.

He should've gone with the younger. He should've made sure he was ok. He should've protected him. He felt guilty and useless.

"Jin, use your tracking device," Namjoon commanded.

Jin whipped out his cell phone and opened a tracking app.

[a/n: Is it weird that Jin acts so much like a mom in this story that I keep almost typing 'her'?]

"I'm getting a bad signal- like he's in a tunnel or something. He appears to be near the abandoned train station."

Namjoon swerved onto the road that would lead to the station. But then the traffic light turned red and they got stuck.

Taehyung cursed, yelling at the traffic light to turn green. Jimin placed a hand on his shoulder in an attempt to calm him down. He stopped yelling and curled into himself, putting his hands over his face.

A silver tear trickled down his wrist, leaving a small trail as it slid. He watched it as it slowly descended until it finally reached his elbow and got sucked up by the fabric of his jeans.

"I'm coming, Jungkook."

Jungkook's p.o.v.

Jungkook waited patiently, laying on the tracks. What he was waiting for, he didn't know. He didn't expect anything to happen. He didn't expect his family to find him, or anyone else, for that matter. He expected to wait for a few days, hunger eventually overtaking him, his own body devouring his muscles in an attempt to sustain itself, weakening his bones, flattening his stomach to where he eventually either got thin enough to wriggle out of the ropes or died.

So, he waited. He waited patiently as the stars peeped in to check on him before fading away once more, only to return a moment later- as if they expected him to get taken away from them.

Maybe they did.

So he sat. And he waited. A silver tear slid out of his eye, tickling the side of his face on its own accord. Was he crying? He didn't feel like he was crying.

"Taehyung... why are you sad?" He whispered into the cold night air.

His words faded the second they left his mouth, the wind carrying them far away as silence kept its hold on the night.

For a moment, Jungkook could almost hear Taehyung's strained voice whispering back.

"Don't you give up on me, Jungkook. Don't you dare give up."

[a/n: Hey guys sorry for the really short chapter. School starts Monday so I'm kind of just frantically trying to do everything at once. I might have to update less often when school starts :'( But we'll see. I won't stop, though. I really like this book and it's obviously not done yet, so don't worry, I'll try to make time! I purple you 💜]