19

Jungkook was almost falling asleep, his weary bones losing their last bit of energy, his tired mind losing the last of his will to stay awake. But then he heard a noise.

It was a faint echo, something far down in the tunnels, and it seemed to be a person calling out. Jungkook turned his head in the direction of it.

"Hello?" He called as loud as his scratchy voice would allow.

"Jungkook, where are you?" The voice called.

Jungkook squinted into the darkness. He knew this voice. It was the voice of the only person in the world who could comfort him right now.

"T-Taehyung?" Jungkook yelled into the darkness.

"Jungkook, is that you?" He was closer now.

"Yes," Jungkook confirmed.

"Hang in there, where are you?"

"How the flip should I know?"

"Alright, I'm coming," Tahyung seemed to be just a few yards into the darkness.

When the older saw a shaft of light lighting the floor, it gave him a bit of hope. Dawn was creeping over the sky, brightening the tunnel until Teahyung could see a bump on the tracks just at the edge of the darkness.

"Jungkook?"

The lump shifted.

"Tae?" That oh-so-familiar voice asked weakly.

Taehyung ran across the place where the light shone down and kneeled down, finding Jungkook tied tightly to the railroad tracks.

"Oh, Jungkook. I was so worried, I'm so glad I found you. I'm so sorry this happened- if I had just come a little sooner, or listened to my gut and came with you, I could have protected you. I'm so, so sorry."

"It's not your fault, Taehyung," Jungkook insisted, his tone firm but his voice weak.

Taehyung took out his pocket knife and started sawing away at the ropes. Just then, the rest of the gang showed up.

"Oh my gosh, you found him!" Yoongi exclaimed as he hurried over to them.

The rest of them gave their own exclamations of surprise and relief as they hurried after him. They all helped out and eventually, the had cut through the last of the ropes. Jungkook attempted to stand but found it very hard to move since the ropes had cut off his blood pressure.

"Come here, Jungkookie," Taehyung cooed, lifting Jungkook off the tracks and into his lap.

Jungkook shed tears of relief and buried his face into Taehyung's chest. After a moment, all of his family members came to give him a hug. He happily returned each of their hugs.

"Here, Jungkook," Taehyung said as he turned around and crouched down, "Get on my back and I'll carry you."

Jungkook stumbled to a standing position, limping up to Taehyung and practically falling onto the older. Taehyung held his thighs firmly, and Jungkook wrapped his arms around Taehyung's torso. Jungkook buried his face in the older's neck and almost immediately fell asleep.

Everyone cooed at the sight. Then Yoongi muttered something like, 

"Y'all make me soft too often, what if I lose my sweg?"

No one answered, only smiling at his comment before they started back down the tunnels.

***