21

[a/n: There may be mistakes, I didn't edit this chapter as thoroughly as I usually do. If I made a mistake that confuses you just comment and ask what I meant]

Taehyung and Jungkook relaxed in the sunroom, snuggling in a comfortable silence. A news reporter would be coming in to interview them any second now.

Namjoon normally wouldn't allow someone to interview them in the house, but a good friend of his who was working for a trustworthy news station had asked for special permission. Taehyung and Jungkook had agreed, saying a friend of Namjoon is a friend of theirs.

They looked up when the noise of footsteps echoed in the hallway. Namjoon opened the door and smiled, letting in a tall man in a black suit with a red tie.

"Ah, you must be Jungkook and Taehyung," he said, dipping his head in acknowledgment.

They both smiled back, copying his gesture as he sat down in a chair. The man sat with his legs crossed and his notebook in one hand, pen in the other.

"I'm honored to meet you two, you are big heroes around here. I suppose you've heard that before, though," he added with a chuckle.

They both chuckled and nodded

"So, about yesterday," The reporter began, getting down to business, "There was news from smaller media outlets that Jungkook met his parents."

Jungkook stiffened, nodding slowly.

"Rumor has it that it didn't go down well," The man continued, earning a curt nod from the both of them as they dipping their heads in sync.

They continued with the interview as the man slowly pieced together the story.

***

After a little while, the man asked Jungkook if he could leave the room for just a moment so he could conduct a private interview with Taehyung. Taehyung began to protest before Namjoon shot him a glance which clearly said; 'don't worry, I'll watch him.' So, Taehyung reluctantly agreed. When Jungkook and Namjoon left the room, the interviewer started with Tae's private interview.

"It's obvious you love Jungkook very much," He began, earning a nod from Taehyung, "But how did you feel about his sudden outburst? Were you scared?"

"Well, I suppose that at first, I'd like to say Jungkook is not an aggressive kid. He's shy, quiet, reserved, and extremely sweet- once you get to know him, that is. This 'outburst' was not one of pure aggression as I've seen other media outlets so imply. Jungkook was under extreme emotional pressure, I think anyone would have reacted in the same way."

The reporter nodded in understanding.

"And what caused this pressure? The security footage posted online had no sound, so no one knows what caused him to react this way."

Taehyung huffed.

"I don't think you'd find it on the security footage. You'd only understand if our government actually gave a crap about our youth. As for the details, it is not my place to say."

"Do you know, though?" The man pressed.

Taehyung nodded.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean I can share that information with you. I don't suggest you ask Jungkook either."

The interviewer pretended not to hear his additional comment and continued with a few other questions.

Later, the reporter requested a private interview with Jungkook as well. Jungkook had agreed, but Taehyung wasn't about to leave Jungkook alone in a room with someone he barely knew. He especially wanted to be there in case Jungkook needed to walk out on the interview. The man had asked Taehyung very personal questions, so he could only imagine the things this man would dare ask Jungkook.