24

[a/n: I'M SO SORRY ABOUT EARLIER my thumb hit the publish button before it was fully edited and I unpublished it lightning fast. Plz forgive me for the false alarm but it's here now so enjoy!]

The family members walked solemnly to the kitchen for one last breakfast before they left. They had worked all afternoon yesterday, resulting in their accomplishment of all that needed to be done. The arrangements with the staff were made, the house was neat and tidy, and their bags were packed with their most necessary items. Jimin looked about ready to cry, looking around sadly at the furniture and decorations.

"I'm going to miss this place," He sighed.

"It'll be just how we left it when we come back," Hoseok assured him gently.

Jimin looked down at his plate, trying to hold back tears.

"B-but only if w-we all really do come back..."

Yoongi placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"We will," The older assured him, "Every one of us."

"Come here, Jimin," Namjoon said softly, extending his arms to offer a hug.

Jimin accepted without hesitation, and they soon they were all group hugging. They hugged for a few seconds, trying to release good vibes into the air, though it was hard. After all, who knew if Yoongi's words were true?

"I love you guys," Jimin sniffled.

"We love you, too, Jiminie," Jungkook, who had his arm over Jimin's shoulder for his share of the hug, said just loud enough for them to hear.

They all let go and went back to eating in a silence which could only be described as tense.

***

They piled into the van, Jungkook and Taehyung sitting in the seat farthest back, Hoseok, Yoongi, and Jimin in the middle seat, Namjoon driving and Jin in the passenger's seat. Again, the uncomfortable silence filled the air.

"Guys, I know this is scary, but we're all together. Staying together was the right choice, no matter what we decided to do about this," Namjoon told them, breaking the silence.

Jimin nodded, fiddling with his fingers.

"You're right, hyung. Letting just a few of us go and some of us stay would have been wrong. We shouldn't be split up- we need each other."

They voiced out their agreement, a small spark of optimism alighting in their hearts. That is until the car stopped. The members struggled to look out the windows to see why Namjoon had stopped.

"Guys, the road's blocked off. For 'military purposes.'"

Yoongi let out a sigh, Jin running a hand through his hair. Jungkook huffed in annoyance.

"Let's walk then," The maknae suggested.

Hoseok shrugged, placing a hand on his car door handle.

"We could do that," He agreed, looking to the two in the front of the car for confirmation. They glanced at each other before nodding and hopping out of the car.

The piled out of the van. Namjoon called the house, one of the head staff picking up the phone. He explained what happened and where they were, asking her to get the car back home for him. She said she'd be happy to help and they hung up.

"Alrighty, let's go," Namjoon said, taking the lead as per usual.

They began their trudge along the road, heading in the direction of the newly built military base on the edge of town.