38

[Ok. Finally. I was 10 minutes late, but I got it done. Here you go. I'll try to be happier for you, too. <3]

The boys were sitting in the dining room, making small talk, in the early morning hours. The sun had risen not half an hour ago, warmth seeping through the windows and into the carpet wherever the sun's light was cast. All in all, it was a quiet morning. The room was filled with cheerful conversation and the clinking of plates and forks, not much else disturbed the peace that had settled over them like a blanket- a dreamy haze that drifted through the air, filling their lungs with soft laughter and their minds with blissful thoughts.

Then, as if called into action like that of a messenger sent by a king, Yoongi grabbed their attention. 

"Jimin and I have an announcement to make." His voice rang through the dining room, quieting the clinking glasses and sidebar conversations.

"What is it, Yoongi?" Namjoon inquired.

He seemed clueless, as most of them did, but it surprised the rest of the boys slightly. After all, Namjoon, being the 'dad' of their little family, was always in everyone else's business. Yoongi cast a glance at Jimin. Jimin nodded, smiling supportively and appreciatively.

"Jimin and I have started dating," He told them, seemingly unsure of what their reactions would be.

"What happened to you and Hoseok?" Taehyung inquired, casting a worried glance at Hoseok, who only smiled in return.

"That's a long story," Hoseok began, taking it upon himself to explain that part of the situation. "Yoongi and I were never truly together. Yoongi had a crush on Jimin and asked me for help. I suggested that pretending to date someone might make Jimin jealous and tempt him to make a move- something of a hint, even if it was subtle. Maybe a little more clingy, or protective, at least. But Jimin, being the sweet, kind boy that he is, respected our 'relationship' and only backed off. However, his obvious unhappiness was all the hints we needed, so I convinced Yoongi to make a move a few days ago."

Jimin blushed, mouth hanging open.

"O-obvious?"

Yoongi blushed, too, refusing to make eye contact with either of the two.

"Wait, wait, wait," Namjoon began, shaking his head, "So let me get this straight. Yoongi and Hoseok never dated, and all along Yoongi liked Jimin, and Jimin liked Yoongi?"

Jimin, Yoongi, and Hoseok nodded, confirming this explanation.

"Oh, was that something we didn't know before?" Jin asked, looking from Namjoon to Taehyung, then at Jungkook, "I thought it was obvious."

Jimin blushed, hiding his face, as did Yoongi. Hoseok smirked.

"So who does Hoseok hyung like, then?" Jungkook asked, finally speaking up.

Hoseok's smirk was wiped off his face the instant he processed these words. He blushed, laughing in embarrassment.

"I don't like anyone," He assured them.

Jin narrowed his eyes.

"Really?"

"Really," Hoseok confirmed confidently.

"What about that cute boy who works in the garden, then? You talk to him often."

Hoseok started laughing, putting a hand in front of his face to hide his blush.

"No, no. I don't like him. He's nothing more than an acquaintance."

Jin narrowed his eyes even more so that now they were just thin slits, his eyelashes melding together.