two

I pull up to the side of the road, a beat down motel sign shining in the night

I pull up to the side of the road, a beat down motel sign shining in the night. Bugs fly toward it, flying right into it. I pause in moving and look to my left at the sleeping girl beside me. Her hair a mangled and her eyes are still red even though I've been driving for a good three hours. She's stayed asleep, either completely weak to the effect of chloroform, or just too exhausted to move. Her hands are tied before her, the rope covered by her big sweatshirt and her legs are folded underneath her. She's so small.

Her head lags to the side as her eyelashes brush her cheek. She silently breaths. I feel guilty somewhat for taking her from her home. I was also a little harsh, making sure to dig my symbol into her leg so she would forever know who kidnapped her. I don't normally do that, but I wanted her to know I kidnapped her. That way people would think I was completely insane for going after the wealthiest man alive's daughter.

I didn't stay true to the plan, though. I wasn't supposed to leave tracks. I was supposed to watch her for a couple of days and then strike when she was alone. I wasn't supposed to just walk into her house and take her right there. But the chance was too perfect to pass up. The security left the building, following James Montgomery to his car and following behind his car. They left the building practically wide open for someone like me to creep in. Someone like me being a criminal.

I stare at the girl, her looks throwing me off. Besides her small size, she is extremely gorgeous with long brown hair and dazzling blue eyes. I admit those blue eyes caught me off guard when I made eye contact with her so close. I knew she was pretty, I just wasn't prepared for her to look more beautiful when up close. Not that it matters. After tonight, I'll never see her again. She may also never open those baby blue eyes again when I let her go.

Suddenly, a pounding on my window makes me jolt to the side and glare out my tinted window at the one and only Marco Gonzales. His black hair looks greasy, even in the night. His dark eyes stare at me, dangerously. I slowly open my door, coming out with an impassive face.

"Do you have her?"

"Of course I do," I respond, pointing to the car. He looks around my door at the small girl. A grin creeps across his ugly face, making me grimace. For such a tiny man, he is probably one of the more dangerous gang leaders in the world. Besides me. Although I don't have a gang. I'm just alone, being anything people need me to be. Assassin, drug dealer, kidnapper. Whenever my name comes up in a conversation, people instantly grow respect based off of just how lethal I am. I am the best of the best, not to toot my own horn. Probably why Marco hired me instead of sending his bitch-ass in.

"So, what are you planning to do with her?" I ask, closing my car door. Marco pulls his face away from my door, his eyebrow raising as he stares up at me.

"Why do you care? You like her?"

"I don't fucking care about her. Just curious," I reply, snarling down at him. How dare he suggest I care for her? Marco rolls his eyes before digging into his back pocket.