eighteen

"Justin," James hisses in my earpiece, making me wince as I turn around to look behind me at James Montgomery

"Justin," James hisses in my earpiece, making me wince as I turn around to look behind me at James Montgomery. He is parked in a pitch black Jeep, his group of huge men surrounding him as he stares at me. "Make sure you save her."

I nod once before taking off at a dead run down the dirt road. I was sent instructions on how to get into the building. I know very well it's a trap, but I have a plan of my own. I just have to wait. I scope out the building for a moment, some windows were blown out and others covered. A plain light is on by the door, it being a flashlight for a guard. He scans the property, his light beam barely coming to my boot tip. Only he sees it and zips the light up to look at me. I hold my hands up in surrender and walk forward more. He shouts something before running to me.

More people file out the door, guns instantly trained on me. Soon enough, I see Marcos mate, her eyes scanning me over before she snarls at me, chewing her nasty gum. "You actually came," she says, sounding like she is cool. I roll my eyes and adjust my baseball hat that covers the earpiece. It's a pathetic cover-up, but it's there and is working as of now. Besides, the Hellhounds are too stupid to realize I didn't come here alone.

"Of course I did," I shout across the way, deja vu running across me from when I first was giving Bella to Marco. "Is she alive?"

"A bit bloody, but, she still has a heartbeat," Marco says coming up beside Lexi. I scan him over for a moment, seeing blood across his knuckles, them bleeding. My entire body freezes when I see that. Was he beating Bella? Lexi instantly leans onto Marco, playing with his nasty hair. She purrs in his ear before biting his jaw. Literally. She pulls away, her spit following her mouth. She's honestly the most disgusting thing I've seen in my life.

"Bring her out."

Suddenly, Marco raises his hand and nods to someone. They all instantly turn to make a weird wall, the wall leading into the door. Marco stands by the entrance, a cruel smirk across his face. I look at every man before walking past them, my feet crunching on the gravel. I stalk past them, eventually coming Lexis side. She looks over at me before placing a hand on my shoulder. I immediately slap it off.

"You will come in, she doesn't come out," Marco clarifies once we are inside. He allows me to follow him and his girlfriend, his people following close behind me. The knife hidden in my boot tingles, and the gun stuffed in my back pocket burns.

"Justin, are you okay?" I hear James in my earpiece, making me glance to my right. I cannot exactly answer right now. "Wait," James must realize this. "Nevermind. I'll tell you when to strike. My men are following in right now," James reveals, making my stomach release some tension. I scan my surroundings, counting the men I have to take down before getting Marco. I see five behind me, but then I see a familiar guy. I see James's favorite guy, Jay, among the Hellhounds, his lip set in a firm line. How dumb are the Hellhounds? Dumb enough to not realize they literally just got replaced by James Montgomery's elite squad of bodyguards. Jay said he had a certain reason to go and fight in here today, something about him failing.

We walk up a flight of stairs, me constantly fiddling with the baseball cap. When the fuck will James call it?

Apparently, he must sense my rising impatience, because he hisses a single word in my earpiece. "Now."

Chaos instantly starts. Jay punches a man in the face, and I whip around before bending down and grabbing my knife, stabbing one man in the arm. He winces before letting out a random kick to my stomach. I shove the knife further into his arm. He falls in pain, but raising his other arm and lands a punch to my jaw. I back up slightly, but retrieve my knife from his arm, sliding it through his leg next and twisting it. He hops on one leg before falling onto the ground, his head hitting the wall pretty hard, making blood follow him to the ground. I turn around to see Marco and Lexi running down the hall, something like a knife glinting in Lexis hand, Marcos hand empty.

I see Jay nod to me, obviously telling me to go. I nod once before I get a searing pain in my leg, making me look down and see my leg was sliced open. Seconds later, a punch lands right on my face, making my cheek split open. I look up surprised at one person, my eyes wide. Then I see more Hellhounds fall from the door, their eyes set in anger. I look at Jay, and then behind me at Marco and Lexi escaping. The longer they run, the more chance they get away. Or get to Bella, killing her. But if I don't stay here and fight, I have the whole Hellhound army to fight with Bella wounded and weak.

I growl out my frustration, my elbow rearing back before I send one of my most powerful punches to a man's face. His nose constantly cracks, blood draining out of his nostrils. He looks at me in utter shock before I pull out my revolver, aiming it at him. I shoot, then shoot another. I leave about six men down on the ground, crying as they hold some part in their body, slowly bleeding out. Jay nods to me again.

"Go now!" He orders. I turn on my heel and dash up the stairs, all the way up to the fourth floor where I can hear Lexis heels clicking on the ground. I grind my teeth as I follow them, hearing a door slam close. As soon as I see the door that was closed, I run even faster, knowing it's where Bella is. I come to the door, pounding on it before eventually shouting in outrage.

"Marco!" I scream, looking around for something to break the door. My eyes find a chair, but this is a reinforced steel door. I look around more, my eyes landing on some type of oil. Nothing here. Then I remember I have something else.

I look down at my revolver, before aiming at the handle. I shoot the handle off, wincing as the bullet ricochets to the wall. I then hit the door with my pure force, my shoulders digging into the metal. There are more locks, but I got the main one off.

I falter for a moment, but then Bellas terrified face pops up in my mind. Her soft lips, high cheekbones. I think of her soft hair draped around me as she kissed me, her tiny legs sat on either side of mine. And finally, her blue eyes.

My mind floods with different emotions, the main one being outrage. I place my hands on the door, both of them spread out as I kick against the ground, pushing harder. I hear a squeak on the inside, making me wonder if I'm close to opening the door. I hear another, and another, before the door finally caves, revealing me to a horrifying scene.

<><><>