twenty

Bella sits over my body, her eyes worry filled as she covers my wound

Bella sits over my body, her eyes worry filled as she covers my wound. I'm too busy staring at her to really notice the pain in my chest. She's alive, and caring for me. We are okay. We are free.

"Bella," I speak, rising up on my butt so she is perched on my legs. She stares at me, our faces now somewhat level.

"Yes?" She asks, her blue eyes looking into mine. Damn, I missed those blue eyes.

"I have to tell you something," I whisper, digging my face into her soft neck. Even though she's got blood on her, she still smells like pineapples.

"And?" She giggles, her hands wrapping around my neck. I've missed her presence.

"I don't hate you," I tell her, nervous to tell her what I actually want to tell her. I want to tell her that I want to kiss her every morning and tell her three little words. Only they aren't little for me. I haven't said them in years, let alone to a girl I just really met two weeks ago. Even though I've known she's existed longer than that, from when I watched her. She pulls back to look at me, her face tilting.

"I thought you did," she says honestly, looking down. I run my fingers across her chin, eventually moving her head to look up at me.

"Why?"

"You said that I didn't matter to you," her eyes fog as she remembers. I remember that night as well, something that I would like to forget. Just thinking about it makes my stomach ache where I got stabbed.

"I lied, duh," I answer, rubbing my face into her neck once more. "I couldn't take the chance of them hurting you."

"Oh." Bella combs her fingers through my hair once more before pulling back and looking me in the eye. I look at her as well, our noses brushing. Suddenly, I lurch forward to kiss her lips. She instantly reacts, sliding her tongue across my mouth, making me smile and open up. My hands go from her face to her waist, pulling her closer to me. My heart feels like it's getting stitched together as she sits on my lap, giving me her love. Maybe I can finally feel happiness again.

She's the key to it all.

"So, you what? Like me?" Bella pulls back slightly, a teasing light coming into her eyes. Our chests brush from our close proximity.

"Something like that," I say, grinning at her. She raises her eyebrows, her eyes dancing in happiness.

"Well, I love you," Bella openly responds, unaware of the explosion in my chest at her words.

"I love you too," I finally mumble out, pulling her closer and kissing her again, harder this time so she cannot dwell on the fact I finally voiced my feelings. The blood on her hands smears across my arm. I wrap my hands up higher, coming around her neck to feel her pulse. Its high, much like mine.

"Oh, Lord!" A voice cries, making Bella and I pull away and snap our heads to see her father in the hallway door, his eyes taking in the sight. Bella stands up and runs over to her father where she pulls him in for a big hug.

"Dad!" She cries into his shoulder before looking at me and biting her lip in embarrassment. "Uh, this is Justin..." she trails off awkwardly. I just laugh before walking over to them, taking one last glance at Marco lying lifeless on the ground. Bella grips my arm and pulls me to her side, making me send James an awkward smile. He just rolls his eyes before a small smile lights up on his face.

"I guess this means you guys are dating?"

Bella looks at me sneakily before nodding her head. "I would hope so." I just pull her closer than, making us touch at the hip.

"Whatever," James says before his eyes find my chest. "You may wanna go do something about that," James points to me. I look down, remembering the fact I did get stabbed there almost.

"Don't worry, Bella can stitch me up."

James face twists, making Bella burst out laughing, along with me. It feels good to laugh. Especially with Bella. Her laugh is straight up adorable. 

"I don't even want to ask how, or why, but let's go," James says with his eyebrows raised. Bella files out the door after him, me following her. I glance back at Lexi laying on her side, her eyes staring straight ahead, and Marco, his face down on the ground, hiding his Mario looking face. With one last glance, I turn on my heels and walk away.

<><><>