eleven

A hand slides around my mouth slowly, making my eyes peel open and see the same face I had been having nightmares of

A hand slides around my mouth slowly, making my eyes peel open and see the same face I had been having nightmares of. The man with the scar running down the length of his face crouches down to be level with my sleeping body, his eyes running down the length of my body.

"Hello beautiful," he grins at me like I'm a shiny piece of gold. I stare at him with my eyes narrowed. If I scream now, I wonder, if even muffled, Justin will wake up. He has to be prepared all the time. I'm sure he is used to sleeping light. My eyes scan the room, seeing six huge men standing behind the ugly man. "You're coming with me."

"To hell, I am," I mumble against his fingers. I figure if I bite his hand I can stop him from holding my mouth just long enough to scream for Justin, but then I have six other freight trains of men to jump on me. Besides, Justin will wake up groggy without a weapon. I look around the room, seeing the sliding door Justin has all shattered. A fresh cut lines the mans face, almost as if he cut it walking through. Proves him right. That also proves that Justin and I are not light sleepers. 

The man looks right into my blue eyes, his dark eyes seeming black in the night. I can hear crickets and tree frogs singing in the trees. "Now, there are two ways this can go: you either scream for Draco and he dies, or, you walk out silently with me." His eyes dance in danger. I feel the knives on the back of my legs, reminding me that Justin told me to sleep with them. They are still in the case though, protected. I look at the door, wondering if I can run through it without getting pounced on by the men. I figure that's my best bet and just have to go with God's will.

"Tie her up," the man growls in the darkness, making me shiver. The knives burn my side, almost calling me. Three men move behind the couch, reaching down and grabbing my hands. I pray they don't feel the knife, but they move my hands in almost a perfect position to grab my knives. I wait a moment, wondering if I'm really going to do this, but then an urge of confidence floods me and I feel the cool handle of the knives in my hand.

I tear them past the blanket and make a mad swipe at the man's face. He yelps as he pulls away and I see blood strike the carpet. It all moves in slow motion, but I smirk down at him before running through the glass door, thankful for my boots being on as I run over the glass.

"Don't kill her!" The man orders his men as I start running through the woods, the pure adrenaline racing through my veins is enough for me to sprint. I run through the dense forest, maneuvering my body across trees and jumping across puddles. Heavy footsteps line the ground behind me, making me look around wildly for some type of detour. I see a tree in the darkness, as the sound of tree frogs becomes a lot louder. Being on the outskirts of Chicago, I didn't even know that the forest here had this many frogs. But it does, and it seems like they are playing music just for me to run to. When I see Chicago's outline in front of me, my eyes take a moment to realize there is a cliff. Then I turn on my heel and make a dive into the bush beside me. I curl up as tight as I can, ignoring the feeling of bugs crawling on me. I focus on the city to distract myself, the lights twinkling in the darkness. I strive to be there, to find some help.