ten

Bella got in the shower a little bit ago, and I've been sitting on the couch since

Bella got in the shower a little bit ago, and I've been sitting on the couch since. I listen to her humming and wonder if she will use my shampoo. Getting up, I figure now is the time I should get the knife set from downstairs. I stand up, and walk past the bathroom but stop. I can feel the heat coming from under the door, making me wonder how hot of a shower she is taking. Then I realize the door is open, due to it being broken. Its open just a sliver, but it's enough for me to look in. I wonder if she would mind if I went in there and pretended to look for something. Just to see a sliver of that sexy body she has. I place my hand on the knob, wondering if I should shove it open and seem nonchalant while I look for something. I decide not to invade her privacy and would feel a little angry if she walked in without warning. I just watch her extremely messed up reflection. I watch as she moves her body, and then eventually I smell my shampoo. Something of a smirk slides across my face when I see her soapy hands reach up to rinse her hands.

I back away from the door and continue to my room, throwing open the basement door and quickly stepping down the stairs. I walk to the right, ignoring all my guns shining in the luminescent light. I scan them all, grabbing a tiny pistol for Bella just to be safe. I then slide open my drawer, seeing all the knives I've been given as a sort of peace offering. I grab out two with metallic blue on the handle, thinking of her eye color. The handles are also narrow, and short, positioned perfectly for Bellas small hand. Upstairs, I hear the bathroom door open and hear her footsteps walk around the house. I wonder for a quick second if she will be in just a towel.

"Justin?" She calls. I almost don't answer because I'm not used to anybody ever calling me Justin. But for some reason, I really like how it sounds across her lips. I feel like she should be the only person to ever call me Justin.

I slide back my drawer and run up the stairs to see her casually slouched across my couch. I look up to see her dressed already. Damn.

"Yeah?"

"I was just wondering where you were, I forgot," she says honestly.

"I was..." I trail off as I reach for my back pocket. "Grabbing you these," I reveal the knife's, making her eyes instantly widen. She jumps up from the couch and walks right up to me, showing how much she trusts me. She takes one from my hand and admires it, her pretty eyes scanning over every inch of the knife.

"You want me to have these?"

"Up until you leave. For protection," I point out, handing her the other one. I also grab out the gun and slide it into her hand. "And this too." She nods to me as she scans over the knives. I watch her pink lips pose in a pout as she thinks before she daringly runs her fingers over the top.

My first sentence comes back to me. "Up until you leave." All this time, I hadn't really thought of what would happen if she leaves. I don't know if she will turn me in or what. Also, I don't really want her to leave. 

"Thanks," she says in a whisper as she looks up at me. So much warmth slithers over her blue eyes, I wonder if she could possibly feel the same way about me. That hatred I saw before is long gone, replaced by a confusing warmth.

"Um, I don't have another bed. but you can sleep on the couch," I point behind her as I start walking to my room.

"Okay." She says to me as she goes around the couch side. I slide into my bed, unprepared for the pure comfiness of it to slide over me. I feel as if sleep instantly overcomes my body and all my thoughts drain. "Good night, Justin," she whisper-yells down the hallway to me.

"Goodnight, Bella," I respond, with a small smile on my face as I finally sleep.

<><><>