prologue

"I never thought that I would be happy to see his face

"I never thought that I would be happy to see his face. But there he was, bloody and broken, and standing in front of me with so much warmth in his eyes, it shocked even me. When I was taken, I despised everyone. I didn't know who I could trust and I got hurt over and over again, physically and mentally. Only when he was there, everything seemed okay.

Some people say it's just Stockholm syndrome, but I have it feeling it really isn't. He was different from the others with a wall built stronger than the Great Wall. Yet somehow, I was able to squeeze my way through it and become something protected by that wall. He loves me, it's insane and cliche, but I love him too.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. In order to tell you the complete story, I think we should go back to where this first started: my penthouse.

Want a little background? Okay. So, my father, he owns these huge apartment buildings called The Capes. I don't really know why he named them that, but these apartment buildings are homes the most famous people in the U.S. Celebrities, CEOs, you name it. With these buildings being taller than the tallest skyscraper in America, people usually cannot see the top. There is one in every state, filled with people. My father owns all of these. Therefore, we are multi-millionaires. Insane. I know.

We were living in the penthouse of The Capes in New York City, above everyone else. I never thought I would be happy with all the noise, but then I lived here for a little, and the honks and peoples screams became normal. Then there were the crimes. I never thought something would touch me, crime-wise, you know? I was, after all, the nineteen-year-old daughter of the wealthiest person alive in the world. That is until the money became a curse. And everything was screwed up in the worse way.

Well, that's all the background, I think. Oh, wait, my mom also died two years ago from a plane crash. So there's that. Yeah. That's important, remember that. I think that's all.

So, without further ado, I think it's time we start my wild story."

<><><>

A/N

Guys, Imma be honest here. I never had plans to publish this story. I wrote it while on a car ride to Tennessee while listening to the same song on repeat. I didn't want to listen to that song, but it was the only one downloaded on my phone because the Kentucky landscape is tricky! So that one song was "What do you mean?" by Justin Bieber. To be completely honest, this book is sort of inspired by that music video. Draco himself was inspired by me, but I changed it a little for those JASON MCCANN fans. So I hope you enjoy and be sure to comment and vote!

MTBB