nineteen

Marco comes running into the room with Lexi trailing behind him

Marco comes running into the room with Lexi trailing behind him. Lexi flies toward me, and the knife she has is instantly placed on my shoulder. I watch as Marco slams the door shut. Confusion runs through my body, my eyebrows crinkling in worry. Why is Marco so scared right now?

I listen more, finally being able to hear footsteps. Through the scared puffs of breaths from Lexi behind me, I finally hear a harsh pounding on the door. Someone is here.

My entire chest explodes in happiness and a wide smile bursts across my face.

"Marco!" The person shouts on the other side of the door. It's a little bit muffled, but I instantly tell who it is. Justin pounds more on the door, making me look around wildly. Lexi digs the knife further into my shoulder in fear, and Marco paces around the room before eventually whipping out a tiny pistol. He aims it right at my face. I've had a gun held to me before, but never to my face. It's simply horrifying. All happy emotions I have disappear and instead, a cold feeling slithers around my heart.

"Please," I whisper before looking down. My hair covers my face, almost touching my knees by how low I am holding my head. Lexi kicks my ankles, telling me to look up. I lick my lips before finally rising my eyes to look at Marco. I mirror his psychotic eyes, making mine seem like I am not scared.

Suddenly, a loud gunshot fills the air. I think it was Marco, and I'm going to die any second now, but when I open my eyes, Marco and Lexi are staring at the door. I look over at it too, when suddenly, the thing bounces forward. It barely holds on the hinges, a few locks keeping it closed. It barges open one more time, this time it squeaks. I stare in pure excitement for Justin to walk in. I didn't realize how much I missed him, but I want to feel his hands around me. I want to feel safe in his arms.

The door finally bursts open. It crashes on the floor, vibrating my chair and reveals Justin looking just utterly outraged. He pulses rage off of him when his soft eyes land on mine, soothing something in my stomach. I take him in. He's wearing his famous boots, jeans with blood running down one side, and a cute baseball cap. But most importantly, my eyes meet his and hold.

Up until I hear the cocking of the gun in front of me, making me look up to see Marco shaking.

"I'll kill her right now, Draco," Marco hisses across the room. I look at Justin again, wondering what he will do. If he will make a move. He could shoot Marco, but that leaves Lexi able to jar the knife into my neck. I lick my lips once more, turning around to see Lexi. She is staring at Justin, completely free to me to attack her. I look back over at Justin, praying he will get the message. He slowly looks at me, a confused expression coming along his face. Only something clicks in his mind and he starts walking forward slightly. "Stay there!" Marco shouts, just before I ram my head back into Lexis stomach. She falls backward, unprepared for that. Then I make a sort of leap of faith by tipping my entire body upward, landing awkwardly on Lexi.

She lets out a deep breath, before whimpering and scrambling to get up. Only my legs are now free, the chair snapped at the legs. I pull my ankles out of the tie, turning around to see Justin charging forward. He knocks Marco back, his eyes full of fury. The guns slides out of Marco's hand as Justin pushes him to the ground, landing a punishing punch to Marcos side. His scab instantly splits open as he struggles to get Justin off of him.

I move around, spiraling my legs to wrap around Lexis narrow waist. Leaning down to growl in her face, "Fuck you." I then struggle to free my hands, unprepared for her to swing around, landing a hard slap to my face. I get pushed off of her, still struggling with my hands when I see the glint of her knife. Lexi runs over to grab Marcos forgotten gun, making me crawl over to the knife, putting it to the knots. I jam my hands down, instantly slicing the rope just as a shot gets let loose. I see a hole in the floor from where I was. I glance over to see Justin, him staring in horror over at me. He's frozen from punching Marco, probably wondering if I'm okay. I stand up just as Marco rears his head up and pushes Justin's baseball cap off, revealing wires among his blond hair.

"What the fuck?" Marco says while he notices this. Everyone freezes as the pieces come together, Justin turning to look at me with a grin. Then Marco reaches up and grabs the wires, grabbing them out of his ear. I look up in time to see Lexi charging me, cocking the gun as she walks forward. I look for a different weapon other than a knife. But when she gets too close, an evil smirk replaces her worried frown, I figure I have to go with the knife. I stand up and instantly charge her, ramming her into the wall. She lets out a big gasp of air, the gun falling to the ground before she reaches up and grabs my neck. I kick her between her legs before I remember the spot that really hurts me and will hurt her too.

"You know, payback is a bitch," I hiss in her ear, remembering what she said to me, before twisting the knife around and stabbing it into her right boob. She screams as I punch the other one, a cruel smile running across my face. They are fake anyway.

I push her to the ground, leaving her writhing in pain. I turn around, prepared to help Justin, but he seems to be handling it. I look around furiously for the gun, unable to find any weapon other than the chair legs. Justin looks up then and sees Lexi off of me, but then widen when he sees something behind me. I turn around in time to see Lexi let a shot go, hitting me right in the thigh. I crash to the ground, now being the one writhing in pain like a worm. I scream as I hold my thigh, making Lexi jump on top of me.

"Payback is a bitch!" She shouts before aiming the gun at my head. I try to get her off of me, but then another shot comes loose. But it's not from her gun. She falls down to the side, a dark red color draining from her head. I turn around to see Justin aiming the gun toward where she used to be. Our eyes meet and the pain in my leg releases somewhat. Only my entire body freezes when I see Marco raise up, landing a solid punch to Justin's side, making him fall backward. Marco jumps on top of him, something shiny coming through his fingers, revealing another knife. I look around, eventually grabbing the knife from Lexis chest and whipping it toward Marco. It slices just his arm before he turns to look at me for a moment, gaining Justin some time. Justin reaches up and slams his fist in Marco's chest, but Marco is set in killing Justin. I look around more, my eyes finding the gun in Lexis hand.

I hesitate for a moment. Am I really ready to kill someone? I hear a cry from Justin and look to see the knife partly piercing his skin, right where his heart is. My stomach drops and I decide I'll deal with the consequences later. I pick it up, and breath slowly before aiming the gun right at Marco's face. I cannot get a clear shot as he keeps moving around, making me get up. I limp over to them, the adrenaline running through my body enough to get me going. I get directly behind Marco, place the gun right on his head and fire.

Blood flies everywhere, making my hand come back an ugly red. I wipe my hand on my dress, my eyes finding Justin as he lays there, the knife deep enough to stay in position. I grab it out and instantly hold my hand to it. Justin's warm brown eyes meet mine, and a slow grin slides across his face.

"Did that really just happen?" I ask. Justin nods slowly before his hands wrap around my waist.

"You okay?" He asks, his eyes running over every bit of my body, making me feel giddy. Even though I'm bloody and bruised.

"I'm more than okay now that you're here," I tell him honestly, my hands rubbing his shoulders as I smile down at him.

<><><>