eight

I close the door to our new motel, grinning when I see the bed

I close the door to our new motel, grinning when I see the bed. Bella slumps across a desk chair and lets out an exasperated sigh. "Ugh, that car ride was so long!" She groans. She moves her long legs out in front of her and stretches.

"Go to bed," I snap as I walk over to the bed. I lay down on it, instantly feeling sleep fall on top of me. Thankfully, we were able to get two beds in our room this time. I have the whole thing to myself. "I'm waking you up early tomorrow."

"Okay," she obeys for once, sliding into the bed. Only she pauses as her legs cross the covers. She steps back out. "Can you turn around?" She asks, her eyes staring at me. I flick off the light and just groan. I literally bought this room just to sleep. I don't trust her to drive and I need my sleep. She forced me to pull over and grab a motel room for a night when I almost fell asleep on the wheel. But we are on the border of Indiana, soon to cross into Illinois and soon my house. I'm just going to grab some clothes, food, and my car before hitting the road with her again. I can't stay at my house, due to Marco probably thinking I may go there.

"Do it now," I say, already knowing she is going to slip off her jeans. I turn over in my bed, relishing the feeling of the pillow on my neck.

"Night Justin," she mumbles.

"Goodnight, Bella," I respond, sleep literally almost dawning on me. Up until she sits up suddenly, her covers rippling across her waist.

"Aha! I knew your name was Justin!" She cries. I turn around and flip on the light. I look over at her, seeing her eyes wide open and staring at me with a smile on her face. I stare at her, although I really just want to turn around and punch my pillow. Only a few people know my real name, and even then it's risky. So for one of my victims to know my name? Ha, its flat out alarming.

"No, I'm just tired," I sigh, flopping back over. She slowly sighs. I can feel her staring at me, her blue eyes looking right at my head.

"You can trust me," she says lowly just as she flips off the light. I tense in my bed. Trust her? I've never trusted anyone in my life after my mother died and my dad was a sonuvabitch. I stare at the wall in the darkness, suddenly feeling wide awake. I can't believe she wants me to trust her. Suddenly, I feel her hand on my shoulder. I feel her hair tickle my neck as she leans over me. My eyes still stare at the wall, wondering if she is horny or something. Earlier in the car, she was seething at me after I said something dick-ish. Now she wants me to trust her and touch her? "I trust you." She reveals, making my eyes triple in size. I turn over slightly, my brown eyes meeting hers. Even in the dark, her eyes shine. The faint glow from the neon motel sign shines on her face, making half of her head a shadow and the other glow warmly. I'm not going to lie, but right now she looks like a fucking angel. Her hair surrounds her face as a tentative smile lines her face.

I open my mouth, about to say I trust her back somehow, but I can't get the words out. I open and close my mouth like a fish, wanting to tell her something. "I like your eyes." What the fuck? I try to tell her something in this heart to heart moment and I end up flirting with her? Suddenly, she moves her body back, sensing the change in the atmosphere.