seventeen

Scarface glowers at me as he sits on the floor in front of me

Scarface glowers at me as he sits on the floor in front of me. I stare down at him, ignoring the burning sensation coming from my legs as he slices my knee.

"You're so pretty," he coos to me before putting the blood speckled knife on the tip of my chin and pulling it up. "Too bad you may die soon."

Besides his horrifying words, I refuse to allow myself to cry. I won't show that he is making me feel like a little girl. My hands feel like someone broke all the bones in them, the ropes on my hands being extremely tight. Scarface's hand comes up to tickle my lip, his nasty fingers dipping into my mouth to grab my spit.

He's psychotic.

I stare at him as he places the spit in his mouth and sucks on his finger. I look away, almost gagging. His fresh cut is peeled open and bleeding down one side, the cut that I gave him looking like it seriously hurt.

"Yo, Marco," I suddenly hear a voice. Marco turns around snarling as someone walks into the room I'm held in. I stare at the new person who walks in, his eyes instantly landing on me and his eyes widening. "I got your phone."

"Ah, yes," Marco cackles like an evil villain in movies. "Gimme."

"He already has the phone."

Who? I run through my mind for possible people it could be, my thoughts landing on my father and Justin. Oh dear god.

"Perfect."

The new guy walks out while Scarface—or as his real name is Marco— just stares at me. He crouches down to look at me dead in the eyes. "Your little boyfriend is going to get what he deserves."

"What boyfriend?" I growl, finding strength in my stomach to glower at Marco. His lips twitch in something like delight.

"Draco of course," Marco says as a light comes to his eyes.

I just look away instead of correcting him. Justin hates me. And knowing that hurts more than the cuts on my legs. Macro stands up and then paces as he texts something. Then he pauses and turns to me, a sinister grin on his face.

"Smile!" He says cheerily as he poses to take a photo for me. I just look up at him with so much anger, I pray he realizes. My lips are in a flat line as I lie forward, my hands still stuck behind my back. I hear the photo gets taken, and then instantly speak up.

"Fuck you!" I hiss. Marco looks at me over the edge of the phone, his eyebrow perking up.

"You wanna?"

I look away. The door opens once again, and my old best friend struts in. She has her hair in a high ponytail, her eyes already wide when she looks at me.

"Hi, Bella," she greets and sends me a smile like I'm not tied to a chair with blood around my ankles.

"Hey," I grin toward her, sardonically. She rolls her eyes before pulling Marco into a corner and talking to him for a few moments. I decide now is my time to try and escape, one way or another. I fumble with my wrists, praying to the Lord to let me out. I kick with my ankles, eventually stopping when I feel a ripping pain go through my shin. I still mess with my hands though, trying to slip my hands through the loops. I feel the ropes bite into me, making me stop and just look up with a crumbling face. I refuse to show them that I'm terrified, but I can't stop the little tear that trickles out of the corner of my eye.

<><><>

I'm woken up early the next day by a slap to my face, making my eyes snap open and see Lexi towering over me. She still chews loudly on her gum.

"Its show time," she hisses before she lifts my arms up and moves me around. I'm shoved forward, finally able to move my legs. I walk fast toward the exit, but its slammed closed when Marco walks through, his nasty grin still on his face with a phone to his ear. I instantly turn my nose up at him.

"Hello Draco," Marco snarls into the phone, turning to pace around the room. Lexis fake nails dig into my wrist, her gum literally the only noise in the room except for my heavy breathing. Marco turns to us suddenly, a little light in his eyes. "Say that again," the psychopath talks into the phone before pulling it away and putting it on speaker.

"I'll fucking kill you," Justin's familiar voice rings through the phone, making something in my stomach loosen in relief. "Don't touch her."

"Too late for that," Marco says cheekily, his lips rising to reveal stained yellow teeth. Justin breaths into the phone for a moment before he suddenly speaks my name.

"Bella?" Marcos eyes connect with mine, probably wondering how Justin knows he's on speaker. "Don't worry." He says softly into the phone. Is he coming for me? My whole entire body sags in relief, Lexi sensing it and snapping her mouth open.

"Hang up."

Marco does what she tells him and then tosses the phone away from him.

"You think he's coming?"

"No doubt," Lexi snarls behind me, her fingers gripping harder into my arm. I turn to look at them, my mind running to figure out what is possibly happening. Suddenly, it comes to me.

I'm the bait.

"Why are you doing this?" I look at Marco. He turns to look at me once more before he stalks over to me. He grabs Lexis waist, instantly slinging her on his hip like she is a child. I watch as Lexi plays with his scab. They are both insane. "Draco doesn't care for me."

"Oh yes he does," Lexi responds, her eyebrows creasing. I watch her, shaking my head before turning to Marco for answers.

"Well, let me sit down and tell you the story," Marco says as he plops down on the floor in front of me. I watch him as he deliberately brushes my ankles. I step backward, but Lexi pushes me down. I whimper before I crash onto my knees, the cement digging into my skin.

"Um, I would say this whole thing with you started two years ago," Marco starts. "When your mother died. Yeah, by the way, we did that."

"What?" I cry horrified. My heart stops and my stomach drops.  He seems so nonchalant, that I feel like slapping him. His eyes look over at me, dancing at the sight of my face.

"Well, we needed your father to love you more," Marco points out. My eyes twinkle in horror, my mouth stuck in the shape of an o. "So, we just killed your mom."

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" I scream, running forward to tackle Marco to the ground. It's awkward with my hands behind my back and starting off on my knees, but I eventually drive my shoulder into Marcos in rage. Lexi shrieks before coming forward, grabbing me by my eyes, nose, and mouth, her pink finger sliding into my lip. I bite her hand and ram my foot into her leg, seething up at her. She looks down at me as she rubs her leg in shock. Marco instantly grabs me, his hands wrapping around my face.

He holds me down, my eyes narrowed into almonds.

"Stop!" He shouts. "Or else we will kill you right now!" My eyes scan over to Lexi, seeing her holding a narrow knife toward my face. I just let my face crumple and turn on my side while I curl into a ball, crying. Seconds later, a punishing kick comes to my back, then my hip, and everywhere else.

<><><>