Gavin x Reader

Author's note: A smol gift for flower_crown_girl_.

Tittle: Woah-

Y/N's P.O.V

Today at the DPD, was quiet. A little too quiet. Currently I was in the breakroom, a donut in my hand and a coffee in the other. The typical cop lover's breakfast. But something was completely off. There was no Coffee Bean in sight. By Coffee Bean, I mean Gavin.

He's always here before me in the breakroom. But I guess not today. He maybe late, but it's Friday. He's never late on Friday. Get here early, leave here early. That's our motto.

Speak of the devil, here he comes now.

"Morning Gav! Your late for today." I said, eyeing him and taking a sip of my now luke-warm coffee.

"Morning Shorty." Ever since he's found out that I'm an inch or two shorter than him, that's what he's been calling me. As he walked passed me to the coffee machine. There was a small of baked goods coming from off of him.

"Did you pass a bakery in your way here? Is that why your late?" The moment I asked, his hand crushed the small cup of the HOT coffee. His face held an emotion of, fear and surprise?

"A-are you okay? You just crushed your cup."

"I'm fine! And to answer your question, I did stop by the donut shop on the way here."

"Alright, if you say so." I was tempted to try and question again, but he already left the breakroom. Time for work I guess.

(Time Skipper Pipper)

Finally! Time to go home and have the weekend off. No bosses to boss you around, no prick co-workers here to try and make a fool of you. Just you and your bed, along with some fast food at home. I wasn't really one to cook, I can barely cool at all without setting something on fire.

I packed my stuff up and headed for my car. I might check up on Gavin. He did get a first degree burn from that coffee. Why not be a good friend and check on him?

I tossed my bag of work stuff into the truck and got in my car. Starting it up and heading to Gavin's apartment complex. It was fair, rent was good as he told me. But it looked shabby from the outside, could've fooled me.

I took out the spare key he gave me to whenever he's on the night shift or 3 day missions, I could feed his small orange cat. What he named him is quite funny. Garfield Lasagna Reed, I thought it was cute. So I always call the cat Lasagna.

Upon opening the door to his apartment, I was hit with the smell of cookies? Cakes and other homemade goodies? The sound of Lasagna meowing and purring at me was heard. I bent down and scratched the small cat behind the ear. He wandered off deeper into the house. More like he waltzed into the kitchen.

"No! Garfield Lasagna Reed! That's not a toy! Put the measuring spoons down!" Gavin's voice filled the quite air. Measuring spoons? Since when did Gavin cook anything besides cereal and Mac-n-cheese? I poked my head into the kitchen's doorway. The sight I saw took me by surprise.

Gavin (insert his middle name) Reed. Standing in a kitchen, making all types of goodies in a pink apron saying "Kiss The Prick". Pink poka-dotted oven mits rested on both of his hands.

"Time for you to go to bed Lasagna!" He picked up the medium sized orange cat and spun around. Spotting me as well, and almost dropping his feline friend.

"Y-Y/N?! What a-are you doing h-here?!"

"I came by to check up on you and your hand since you crushed your cup."

There was a bit of silence till I spoke up.

"Teach me!"

"I'm sorry what?"

"Teach me how to bake and cook like that!"

He just sighed and shrugged. Mumbling "What more do I have to lose?" The rest of the night was filled with smoke detectors alarms ringing and then finally the smell of cupcakes were in the air.

(Time Skippy with Dippy)

I somehow managed to get Gavin to walk into the DPD with one of our boxes of cupcakes.

"Hey Gavin! Whatcha got there? Something Y/N forced you to help make?"

Before he can let out a snarky response, I answered.

"Nope! I actually helped him make it! Care to try one?"

If looks could kill, this would be a homicide and Gavin would be the culprit.

(Eyyyyyy! I ain't dead! I've just been writing stories on another app and the Wi-Fi has been flunky. Don't kill me for writing stories on another app! I honestly have no idea why this took so long. But here it is today!)

Up Next: Chloe x Reader