Reed900

Tittle: Betrayal Often Leads To Regret

Author's note: A Reed900 angst. Warnings:  Mentions of blood and cursing. Viewer Discretion is advised.

They always said be careful. Pick and choose wisely.

But he didn't listen, he played around and got hooked.

Hooked you say? Yes, I mean "Hooked". Like Icarus, he's flown to close to the sun. The wax melted off his wings and he plunged.

He plunged hard. To the point he couldn't come back up to the surface for air.

Who is this "Icarus" you might ask? Well, no other than Gavin Reed himself.

Who did he "plunge" for? All know him as RK900. The upgraded version of his predecessor, RK800.

They told him not to play around, not to get drawn in. Not to get "Hooked". But he didn't listen, nor did he care.

Like he said, "I'm a grown man! I can make my own damn choices!" But it looks like he didn't choose wisely.

This choice opened doors that were ment to remain closed. Opened cans of worms, that caused huge problems.

But I guess that trouble and reality weren't enough for Gavin.

Just your average morning at the prescient. Workers making bee lines to the breakroom, and others typing up reports.

Then there's Gavin. Who was still thinking of that android like there's no tomorrow. Feet propped up on his desk and all, hands behind his head as he leaned back in his chair.

"Good Morning Gavin. Can we get to work yet?" RK's voice reached his ears and flooded his senses.

Was everything just work with him? Was he all work and no play? Guess he's programmed like that.

"Sure, let's get to work. We've got a new case anyways. Rouge and armed android. Isn't that fun?" The sarcasm laced in Gavin's voice went undetected by Nines.

"Gavin. I'm not sure how it's fun." The android questioned, only to get a grumble and then the explanation out of Gavin a few minutes later. Nines responded with a "Let's get to the case then."

At the crime scene, a man. Face down surrounded by his own blood and a few bullet wounds. Who is Nines got busy doing his analysing, Gavin decided to go explore deeper into the victims house. A few shards of broken glass here and there, but nothing special. No android in sight, no human being there either. It was odd really, the place was quiet as can be and no one around.

Gavin thought about turning back and checking the other rooms. But then the sound of something being knocked over was heard in the pitch black room. Something landed on the wooden floor with a loud 'THUD'.

With his gun drawn and pointing in every direction, he still didn't see anything or anyone. But then he was tackled to the ground. A grunt leaving the detective and the perpetrator got off of him and ran off. But in their hands Gavin could see the faint outline of a gun.

"Shit." He said out loud and left the dark room. 

His thoughts were all about RK, was he going to stop the deviant himself? Or worse? The sound of gunshots and a few yells of pains and grunts could be heard. Bumping into a wall into the hallway while running out the room and almost tripping on air. Gavin was finally able to see what happened, 2 of his co-workers shot and wounded, their blood starting to pool under them. The sight made his stomach turn and twist.

He was about to help one of them, but was stopped with the thought of RK900. Where was he? He was no where to be seen. A gunshot interrupted his train of thought. It sounded so close, but yet he still didn't see him. Worry flooded his mind, what if Nines was already in a pool of blue blood?

                                                                    NO!

He can't think like that or it might happen. With his gun drawn and pointing in every direction, Gavin searched the house. Then he heard small chatter coming from a room, kicking the door open to that room and standing in front of Nines in a heartbeat. He kept his gun in the deviant, adrenaline coursing through his veins along with fear.

"Gavin! What are you doing? I had the situation under control!" RK scolded him, but he didn't care. Gavin still had his gun pointed at the deviant, while the deviant did the same thing to him.

"Drop your weapon and no one gets hurt!" Gavin yelled, he didn't want this. He just wanted to be home with his cat and maybe even RK. But then everything else started going in slow-motion. Two bullets, fired at the same time. One leaving a minor scratch on an android. The other puncturing the skin of a humans chests. A soft thud was heard as he hit the ground, the sound of a window opening and feet shuffling filled the semi quiet air.

A feeling of pressure placed on his chest with pain was all he felt. A weak smile plastered on Gavin's features was barely seen.

"Why did you do that?! I had everything under control!" A baritone voice flooded his weakening senses again.

I couldn't let you get shot...phuck it Nines, I...like you okay. It just hurts me to see you get hurt." A weak chuckle came from him, and then a cough along with blood. A sign can from the android and no emotion showed on his face.

"I told you not to get attached. I'm just a machine that can be replaced. Nothing more, nothing less."

                                                              Betrayal

"At least be sincere asshole. I'm the one who took the sh-"

"Yes! And what a stupid thing that was! Then you have the audacity to confess feelings I don't have!"

                                                               Regret

"Gavin...your so naive it's sad.. " The last thing he heard from him and the last thing Gavin saw before the world turned black was RK's crystal blue eyes. Something he doesn't want to forget.

Up Next: A Kamski x Reader