Chapter 6

Lia finished washing the dishes then she went to Loki who is now calmly sitting on the couch in the living room, she brought a glass of water and gave it to him, "thanks" he said, she sat beside him staring at him with sympathy and worry on her eyes, "perhaps you wanna tell me why you were here?" she asked.

"I was serving my time in jail after the crimes I commit in both Asgard and Midgard, then an attack occurred in the palace; frost giants teamed up with dark elves. The dark elves wants vengeance and the frost giants wants to take me, so Thor freed me from my cell and brought me to the Bifrost, he let me go and he broke the sword that is the key to open the Bifrost portal, probably so the frost giants won't follow me here" Loki explained, then he took a sip of his water while Lia is still looking at him, listening intently, "I lost my mother 3 weeks ago when the dark elves attacked, and it was my fault..."

"You said the dark elves attacked and killed your mother, how was it your fault?" Lia asked.

"I told Malekith's delinquent where the mortal is because she had something of theirs, I did that out of mischief, I have no idea that my mother was there. My mother protected that mortal and she died in the process" a tear escaped Loki's eyes in the confession, "I'm ashamed to even call her 'my mother' now, I killed her... I shouldn't be calling her 'mother' anymore" more and more tears rolled out of his eyes.

Lia stared at him, sympathetic eyes looking at the criminal beside him; a criminal on a break down, she can see the honesty on his eyes, "I'm sorry for your loss, and you said you didn't know that your mother was there, if you know she was there I'm pretty sure you won't tell the delinquent right?" she gently said.

"It is still my fault, I killed the only person that ever cared about me, the only person that showed me love and made me feel I'm important" Loki said in between his sobs, "I don't know how could I ever forgive myself"

"Loki..."

"That is why I asked you if someone's gonna show up here to arrest me, because I deserve to be in jail, locked up for the rest of my life. I regret everything that I've done, and I deserve nothing but punishment" Loki confessed in between his sobs.

"No one's gonna arrest you, I promise they will never get their hands on you" Lia assured him.

"How? You can't protect me forever" he replied.

"I'm an agent of a private intelligence organization, I am gifted with telepathy and telekinesis, I'm a skilled fighter and I have forever to spend in protecting you, so yeah... I think I could protect you" she said smiling softly.

"An agent of a private intelligence organization? Are you from S.H.I.E.L.D?" he asked.

"I already told you I'm not associated with them, I am from an organization called C.S.I instead" Lia explained, "and don't worry, I will protect you"

"You shouldn't" he said "you should turn me over or arrest me, I don't deserve freedom or protection, I should be in a cell and receive punishment"

"I think you've already been punished enough"

"After all the people I killed and the lives I destroyed, there is never enough punishment for me..." he sighed and wiped the trail of tears on his face.

Lia stared at him, sympathy is taking over her heart, her hand came up to give him a gentle squeeze on his arm, comforting him "it's okay... think about the big leap you took; you were the most dangerous criminal, but here you are now... regretting everything you've done, from being the most dangerous to being harmless, from the heartless criminal to remorseful creature..." she said and smiled at him, "you look nothing like a criminal"

Loki smiled glumly, "don't be naïve... don't be blinded by your sympathy for me, don't forget what I've done to New York, and my attempt to take over the world"

"I'm aware of that, but... will you be regretting all your mistakes and say you deserve punishment if you're still the same person who tried to take over the world and attacked New York?" she gently asked, "you've changed now, only proves that even the biggest criminals have a heart" Loki looked at her, her eyes sincere, she meant every words she said, she gave him a calm gentle smile and it somehow warmed his heart that someone smiled to him like that, "you'll be fine..." she assured.

Loki looked at her, soft gazes from him traced her features and he smiled, "You look like a fierce woman, strong and dangerous, you are also the type who don't trust easily and have a hard time relying on people..." he said "why do you trust me too much?"

Lia chuckled lightly, "setting aside my ability to look into your mind and know your thoughts, I saw and felt your sincerity and honesty; I know you're not really a bad person, you're right, I don't trust anyone easily... but you showed me that you can be trusted, you practically earned my trust"

"I spent like 2 hours with you!" Loki said incredulously.

"Yeah, but I said earlier 'my ability to look into your mind and know your thoughts', of course I still looked into your mind, and I see no threats, no danger, just a harmless and afraid creature" she smiled.

"Don't forget, I'm the God of Mischief and Lies, I'm a powerful sorcerer too, I could make illusions and I'm good at make-belief... I could be fooling you" Loki playfully warned.

"If you intend to use your power against me, would you be telling me that?" she playfully asked, Loki smiled, "and would you dare use it against me?" she added, Loki's smile faded, "and if you dare use it against me, do you think I will never know that?" she added again, Loki just stared, "you may be a powerful sorcerer but magic cannot overpower my mind, I can see through even the most enchanting façade you can come up with, I can control your mind and make you paralyze or even kill you with it..."

The living room is silent. Loki swallowed hard after their playful warning to each other turned into serious threats. He only stared at her trying to hide the fact that he's starting to be afraid of her now.

She broke a smile on her face and laughed hysterically, Loki flinched.

"You should've seen your face it's priceless!" she said and laughed so hard again, "I didn't know you could be a scaredy cat!" she continued laughing.

Loki deadpanned, feeling embarrassed deep down for he, the God of Mischief and Lies, was fooled by a girl like her and actually get him scared, "you are seriously immature for your age" he said in a deadpan tone.

"I'm only 24!" he said and laughed again, for some reason, Loki's heart softened hearing her laugh, and soon he followed with a light chuckle, he then pinched her cheeks while she's still laughing, "you fooled me you silly girl!" he said then he chuckled.

"Were you scared?" she asked as her laughter slowly dies down.

Loki sighed, "as embarrassing as it is, yes you did scared me... but even if you do hurt me, I will not hold it against you" he said, Lia stared at him, "maybe I will even thank you for doing that... I deserve nothing but pain and agony for all that I've done"

Lia took his big, slender hand into her two small hands, both her thumb caressing the back of his palm, consoling him, "I will not hurt you... I will not let anyone hurt you... I will protect you as long as you're here..." she said, raising her head and looking into his eyes, "I promise..."

"I will never harm you too and I promise I will never do anything to lose your trust" Loki assured her, she smiled, "I know..." she said.