Chapter 22

"Should we say something?" Kobe whispered to Leila who is standing beside him, "she's been like that for almost 20 minutes..." he added as his sight turned back to Lia again.

Lia's been sitting on the bench of the C.S.I headquarters' garden; she's in a meditating position and her eyes closed, focusing, just thinking.

"I think we shouldn't, she's kinda serious" Leila replied to Kobe, he just shrugged. But then the door swung open in a violent manner jolting Kobe and Leila but Lia remain unperturbed.

Elena came in with unit Alpha behind her, "Agent Ophelia Diane Collins, I need to speak with you..." Elena announced rather seriously, but Lia didn't budge, "soldier! I need your attention!!" she raised her voice by slight. Lia opened her eyes at last and stood up straight facing Elena, she didn't say a thing and looking dead serious. "I have heard of base three commander's report regarding the encounter you just had earlier. You broke the code soldier," she said. Lia's facial expression was straight, unafraid. "I'm pretty sure you're aware of the consequences you may face later, correct?" Elena questioned.

"I am aware, ma'am," Lia replied sternly, her voice husky and serious. Unit Alpha (except Elena), Kobe and Leila exchanged glances, Lia formally addressed the leader. This is serious business, "but right now that is not my concern," Lia continued, "I don't care what consequences I might face later, I have been working on to find Loki's location and I got it, moments before you came. My job right now is to find him and bring him back, I'll deal with you and my punishment later," she finished and walked off.

"I didn't dismiss you yet, soldier!" Elena said, stopping Lia to her tracks, "you are plainly being disrespectful right now..."

"Right now I don't care about anything else!" Lia snapped, making the other C.S.I. around them widen their eyes in shock, "I don't care if I'm not dismissed yet and I don't care if I appear disrespectful!" she pointed out, "I need to find him. Punish me for all I care, heck detain me for a year if you want!" she added, "I'm gonna go find and rescue him first... with or without you and my unit." She sternly and clearly finished before walking out. Leila and Kobe exchanged glances first before they followed Lia.

Strike Team Charlie common room –

Lia grabbed her black leather jacket and slipped in to it then she grabbed her nose and mouth mask to cover half of her face. The door bursts open, she turned around and saw Leila and Kobe already suited up, "we're coming with you..." Leila informed, "Though we're suppose to move for the mission later, this sudden occurrence calls for an immediate action. Unit Charlie is already assembled—"

"Let's make it quick," Lia cut her off, "we need to teleport, if you want to come with me I need Commander [Caroline] Aki to teleport us to the destination" she suggested.

"Already done," Kobe informed, "let's get going, we don't have much time" he said before he walked out, Leila followed suit.

She took a deep breath, her long tied-up brunette hair turned blonde and her brown eyes turned metal grey, signifying her transformation. She exhaled calmly and she marched out of the common room to join her teammates.

Meanwhile —

Loki opened his eyes and found himself in a dark room, nothing lit aside from the hanging light bulb above him. His eyes traveled everywhere but couldn't recognize a thing, he tried to move but he's tightly bounded on the bed he's laying on, he also had a tape covering his mouth, he tried to resist but it was futile. Then the door bursts open, he jolted and turned sharply to the direction of the door.

"Prince Loki... of Asgard" a deep menacing voice started, "it's been a very difficult chase before we got to you. You have such strong and determined protectors... and one of them is your lover" he continued, "I gotta give it to her, she's brave and scary... she killed a few clones already" he sighed, "and even real people, all for you..." he said and looked at him. Loki just stared at him, the man smirked "didn't you know? That your lover actually broke her organization's only rule, for you?" he said, Loki's eyes widened, "her innocent hands that never once been stained by anyone else's blood – just managed to kill 4 people, all because of you..." he said.