Chapter 23

Tears stream down Lia's face as she opened her eyes, her head lying on Loki's chest and her arms wrapped around him as his around hers. She just reached out to Thor in a dream to talk to him while she cuddles with her lover on the couch, and her decision can't help but bring tears in her eyes. She tried hard not to sniff so Loki wouldn't know, but it failed. "What's the matter love?" he asked lifting his head a bit to look at her. She smiled and raised her head to look at him, her eyes filled with tears. Loki got up hastily and put a hand on her cheek, wiping her tears, "Hey..." he coaxed, "what's wrong?" he asked worriedly.

She just smiled as another tear rolled down her eyes, "do you trust me, love?" she asked. He ran a thumb on her cheek to wipe the fallen tear, "with my whole life, darling..." he replied softly. She smiled again, "then just trust me when I tell you that you need to return to Asgard today..." she said in a broken tone.

Loki's eyes widened, surprised at her words, "W-what do you m-mean?" he stuttered. "I need to send you back, your life is getting more and more at risk if you stay here any longer" she explained, "I want to protect you, I promised to protect you... and that's what I'm gonna do" she continued and placed both her hand to his cheek, cupping his face, "can you do it for me?" she asked with her eyes pleading.

"B-but my love... I..." he said almost in a sob, "I don't wanna... part with you..." he said as tears started to pool in his eyes, "I don't wanna lose you..."

"I don't want to lose you too, love..." she sobbed, "but I need to do this... for you..." she pleaded again. Loki turned away and sat straight on the couch, tears finally running down his cheeks, "baby... please..." she kept pleading but Loki ignored her, "please... please, you need to understand..." she added.

Loki sniffed, "will I ever see you again... after all this?" he said still looking away.

Another tear rolled down her cheek, "I'm not sure... I still have a punishment to face, but I promise you..." she said grabbing his hand into hers, "...everything will be okay, for me and for you," she assured. Loki finally turned to look at her, her tear eyes remain pleading as they stared at his own, "please..." she breathed another plea.

Loki just closed his eyes and a few tears fell from it, he gave out a shaky sigh and surrendered, "alright... I'll go..." he choked on the words, "I'll go..." he added in a whisper.

She smiled gladly in relief and she threw herself to him, hugging him furiously, "thank you, my love... thank you," she said. She broke off and pulled him closer to her and kissed him passionately on the lips. Loki struggled with his emotion and didn't kiss back for while, but he sighed and gathered himself to finally kiss her back. The kiss was sweet and passionate but it hurts at the same time for the two of them as well, more and more tears rolled down their cheeks. They broke off and rested their foreheads against each other, thumbs caressing each other's faces to wipe the tears.

She smiled, "come, I want to sing a song for you" she said and got up from the couch, tugging his arm up so he would stand. He sniffed and gave in to her pull and got up from the couch. They reached the piano and sat down on the bench in front of it, she looked at him and seeing the sad and painful expression in his face broke her heart. She brushed it off and leaned into give him a peck on the cheek to get his attention, he looked at her and she smiled, "I hope you love this song" she said before facing the piano.

Her fingers came and pressed a few keys, a soft tone was created and it turned into a beautiful and peaceful song intro, then she started singing:

May these words be the first to find your ears,

The world is brighter than the sun now that you're here...

Though your eyes will need some time to adjust,