Chapter 13

The next day

Avengers' Tower –

"I swear last night was so weird!" Tony complained to Clint as they head to the elevator.

"Uh huh..." Clint nodded and pressed a button then the elevator closed.

"I felt like I wasn't talking to Loki last night!" Tony added "he's so... gentle and... shy! It's so not like the guy we fought in New York last year!"

"Like you said, Loki is in love with Lauren..." Clint replied "huh! For once you're actually right" he added and chuckled

"Ha-ha Clint," Tony deadpanned "I suddenly fell interested at them, hmm..." he said and turned to look at Clint, "how about we set them up!" Tony said smiling mischievously

"Do you have a death wish?"

"Come on! Loki needs help! And I kinda like them together; both scary and dangerous, they're a perfect match" he laughed

Clint chuckled, "Tony, last time you set someone up, you ended up spending $90,000 just to buy a café. Long story short, you blew their date" he said, "and how come you care about Loki? That guy threw you out the window remember?" he added

Tony sighed remembering the incidents, "yeah... but come on, it could be fun!" he insisted

"No... and I'm sure as hell if you set up their date, it might end up as Loki's loss" Clint said and laughed hard

"Wow that was just... mean of you Barton" Tony deadpanned, the elevator dings and they both exited with Tony pouting and Clint laughing so hard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Lia jumped on the couch joining Loki who is reading a book. Loki looked at her and smiled then returned to reading, "you enjoying my books huh?" she asked. Loki smiled again, "oh yes... your books are very interesting, I'm thrilled to read something new" he replied. "Hmm... I'm kinda bored though" she said leaning her head to his shoulder, Loki's heart jumped at the contact and his sight turned to her quickly, "how about we go out today?" she asked giving him a sheepish smile. "W-where are we going?" he asked gulping, trying to hide his blush.

Lia sat straight and smiled at him, "somewhere fun!" she cheerfully replied "go get dressed!" she said before hopping out of the couch and racing to her room. Loki shook his head and got up from the couch to go to his room

Later –

Lia is driving the car while Loki is switching radio channels, she would smile watching him get frustrated because every channel always air advertisements. "Why are they always talking? I thought this thing is suppose to play music?" he complained. Lia chuckled and gave him her phone, "I've connected my phone to the stereo, choose from my music library instead" she suggested.

Loki took her phone and he scrolled on her list of music, a song title enticed him and he pressed it. As Lia heard the music he played, she nodded her head and smiled, "good song there mister" she said and chuckled". Loki smiled, "well, the title's enticing... and it sounded good"

All I can say is it was, enchanting to meet you...

After hearing the line, they both blush and an awkward silence fell, letting the music somehow fill the air. Loki cleared his throat, "well... it is indeed enchanting to meet you" he said and look away, Lia blushed harder "same here..." she said and cleared her throat "I mean... it's not every day you meet a god, so... yeah, it was enchanting to meet you too" she added.