Chapter 20

Lia came back from outside carrying a plastic bag of ice cream and stood by the door frame watching the two brothers; tears pooling on her eyes and a contented smile on her face as she watch them, she heard the conversation and made no attempts to disrupt them. She felt immense amount of happiness in her heart seeing the love of her life reunites with his brother and have closure, she felt the contentment in his heart too and she smiled at it.

However, her smile faded instantly and her tear-filled eyes suddenly laced with worry. Her eyes looked straight towards the brothers who are still embracing each other, a tear rolled down her cheek before she silently took her steps to leave and go to the kitchen.

Thor and Loki broke off from their hug. Thor smiled and clapped a hand on his neck gently rubbing a thumb on his skin, Loki returned the smile and another tear rolled down his face, Thor wiped them away "I've got you brother..." Thor repeated again. Loki sniffled and smiled "thank you..." he said almost in a whisper then he looked directly at Thor's eyes, "...brother" he finished. Thor's heart couldn't get any happier hearing Loki call him 'brother' again.

"You boys mind some ice cream?" Lia said jolting the two brothers apart, she chuckled. "Love, don't do that again, please..." Loki whined, Lia's chuckle grew into laughter and walked back to the kitchen.

Loki sighed and turned to look at Thor and saw him smiling smugly, "what?" Loki asked. Thor shrugged "I'm just happy for you and her..." he said and they both stand up to go to the kitchen "so... have you taken her out on what mortals call 'a date'?" Thor asked. Loki shrugged, "no, but I did better than that... I took her ice skating in the forest" he boasted. Thor's brow rise questioningly, "ice skating? In the forest? How did you do that?" he asked. Loki deadpanned and looked at his oblivious brother, "I'm a frost giant, remember? I have ice powers and definitely I used it to freeze a lake..." he said and sighed in awe "there is where we declared our love for each other" he added.

Thor smiled contently as he look at Loki whose eyes are full of love and contentment, then he brushed his arm around Loki's shoulder "I'm very happy for you brother, I hope your happy days will last a lifetime because I want nothing but the best for you" he said giving his shoulder a pat. Loki looked at him and smiled and they proceeded to the kitchen and joined Lia who is already eating a bowl of ice cream.

Later –

"You know, why don't you live here for a while Thor?" Lia suggested joining the two brothers on the couch, "that way you can save time in travelling to go here and visit Loki, I have another spare room just beside Loki's room" she added.

Thor smiled, "it's alright Lady Lauren, I don't want to be another burden, and besides..." he said patting Loki's shoulder "I don't want to walk into something; like you and my brother making out here on the couch or walk into the wrong room and find you and my brother doing—"

*PAK!*

Loki immediately slapped Thor to stop him front talking and Lia burst out laughing, "don't worry we're not doing anything that your eyes wouldn't want to see" she said and continued her laughter. Thor rubbed his cheek and glared at Loki who is glaring at him too, he just sighed "it's alright Lady Lauren, really..." he said and rubbed his cheek again, "brother that stings!!!!" Thor whined.

Loki crossed his arms to his chest, "then quit spouting nonsense!" he lashed, Thor whimpered rubbing his cheek still and Lia laughed harder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lia blew a deep sigh, "that's the one... and I need to protect him" she said, Hannah looked over to her "whatever you do... I just want you to know that I support you, I understand how much he means to you, and I know you will always do the right thing" she said patting Lia's shoulder.