Chapter 24

Loki's eyelids flutter and it slowly opened, his head felt like its spinning and everything is so bright. He blinked furiously until his eyes adjust, he rubbed his head on the pillow until the spinning-feeling sensation is gone. He sighed and despite coming from sleep, he feels so tired, drained, and he doesn't remember dreaming about anything, he felt like he came from a long dreamless slumber. He just laid there for a few more seconds then all senses came back, he hastily pulled himself up and looked around the room; gold with a touch of emerald decorated the walls, shelves of books, a couch set in the middle of the room, the bed sheet are made of fur, the pillows are plush and the blanket is made of fine silk, "I'm... in my room?" he breathed out in confusion.

Loki jolted when the door opened and revealed the face of his brother. Thor smiled at the sight of his brother, "you're up..." he said striding towards Loki's bed, "how are you feeling?" he asked as he sat beside Loki on the bed.

The spinning sensation in Loki's head was replaced by a mild headache, his fingers came up to press his temple, "I'm good... my head was spinning when I woke up, but now it hurts..." he said. Thor pressed his lips together the side effects of his memory wiping... he thought to himself and sighed low-key, "anyway... what happened? How long was I out?" Loki asked and his eyes strayed confusedly, "how did I pass out? And how did I get here?" he continued asking.

Thor tried to hide his glum, "don't you remember anything?" he asked this time

Loki rubbed his forehead, "I only remember... an attack here in Asgard..." he closed his eyes trying to recall, "you bust me out and we helped fight... I was wounded..." he continued, "and you sent me somewhere..." he stopped, "that's about it... next thing I know everything went dark," he said and looked at Thor in pure confusion, "where did you sent me? And what happened to me there?" he asked.

Thor's heart started to hammer, imagining how Lia would feel if she is to hear his words, he forced a smile, "I sent you to Midgard..." Thor started, Loki's eyes widened, "but nobody knew!" he quickly reasoned. "Nobody hurt you there brother, I promise! I sent you somewhere safe then came back for you quickly! You were out for 2 days!" he continued.

"2 days?" Loki's brow raised questioningly, "why do I feel like it was longer?" he asked, "why do I feel like I did something else in Midgard before waking up here? I didn't do anything that would make me a wanted man, did I?" he asked worriedly.

Thor smiled and patted his shoulder, "no you didn't, you're a changed person... you were just passed out when I found you... and... took you back" his eyes strayed, "but you're fine now, that's all that matters..." he assured. "Now go get yourself cleansed and meet me in the dining hall for breakfast," he said before standing up.

"But, Thor..." Loki hesitated, Thor turned to look at him, "The Allfather... shouldn't I be sent back to prison?" he asked.

Thor smiled and patted his shoulder again, "we'll talk about it later, but in the meantime, let's eat breakfast" he said and continued his way to the door and out of Loki's room. He took his way towards the throne room, "inform me immediately if you saw my brother leaves his room" Thor instructed the guard outside the room, the guard nodded and Thor entered the room.

Throne room –

Odin was sitting on his throne and watches as his son walked towards him, "how is he doing?" he asked.

Thor smiled, "he's awake now father, he's currently preparing to get dressed and join me for breakfast" he said.

"Very well..." Odin said, "Did you tell him that he's meeting me later?" he asked.

"I haven't yet, but I will."

"And the mortal? How are they faring?"

Thor sighed, "she ask me to send him back here to keep him safe from her enemies..." he started and Odin nodded in understanding, "and before he was sent back here... she erased his memories, he doesn't remember her anymore," he continued, Odin's feature now draws confusion, "so he won't come back to her anymore and get wind up with the dangers in her life. She only wants him to be safe, and she sacrificed her happiness for it," he continued.