Epilogue: You Are My Sunshine

One week after the snap –

"Loki..." Thor choked the name out almost in a whisper, kneeling before a huge tree, "I bid you take your place in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave shall live forever..." he continued, tears now rolling down his eyes, he gasps for air to gain his composure, "nor shall we mourn but rejoice, for those that have died a glorious death..." he closed his eyes freely letting the tears fall, he paused for a few seconds as if waiting. Then he sniffled, "This is the part where you'll appear behind me and mock me..." he sobbed, "ask me for my help while I throw pebbles at you... checking if you're real..." he said as his shoulders shake, full on sobbing now.

Steve stood behind him, deciding between leaving him alone or say something, he took a deep breath and chose the latter, it's almost time, "Thor..." Steve called, Thor tried to stop sobbing, "I, uh... I'm gonna need your candle and flower..." he said, Thor let out small hiccups as he wipes his tears, "we're about to do the final ceremony for the funeral, then... place the candles in the lanterns and toss the flowers to the lake..." he reminded.

After the Thanos snap and the Avengers' defeat, many lives were lost in the battle of Wakanda. So M'Baku, the temporarily elected leader of Wakanda, organized a massive Wakandan funeral both for the soldiers that died and the heroes that turned to ashes, it took place for a week and today is the final day of the funeral. They'll be opening the barrier to fly the lanterns later, but close it immediately in case the few of the remaining army's of Thanos attacks. They still constantly receive attacks from them though the battle is over and the snap happened.

Thor stood up, carrying a green candle and a white rose in both his hands, quietly passing it to Steve, "do you want to say something, uh... last message for Loki... later at the ceremony?" Steve asked.

Thor forced out a smile, tears still streaming down his face, "no, its fine... it's not like any of you would care," he said. Steve opened his mouth to say something, but closed it instead, not knowing what to say. "You know, I just found him..." Thor choked the words out, "I just got him back with me, we just reunited..." he said and let out a heavy chuckle, "but he was taken away from me again..." he sniffled and wiped his tears.

Steve sighed, "I might not know what happened, but I wanted to say... I'm sorry, Thor" he said, "I know how much your brother meant to you. I swear I know how it feels to lose someone dear to you over and over. To watch them be taken away from you over and over, Trust me... I know exactly how it feels," Steve consoles. Thor just nodded, feeling like all energy was sucked out of him from crying.

"Cap, we have visitors, shall I allow them entry?" Rhodes' voice rang on Steve's earpiece.

"Who are they?" Steve asked, gaining his composure.

"C.S.I." Rhodes simply replied.

The answer snapped Steve back to reality, "okay, grant them entrance..." he commanded, "I'm going off first, find me if you need me" he informed Thor before walking off.

The C.S.I. jet entered the fields of Wakanda. Steve, Natasha and Rhodes stood there and waited to see whose members are these. The jet ramp dropped and 4 agents marched out of the jet; it was unit Charlie's base 2 members: base commander Hannah, Louie, Lia and Ezekiel. The sight of Lia already gives Steve's heart a pinch, especially with the knowledge of...

"Greetings, Avengers..." Hannah started, "it's a pleasure to see you again, and on behalf of the C.S.I. and its members we want to send you our deepest condolences regarding the..." Hannah slowly trailed off, "the... uh... whatever that happened" she said.

"We saw what happened during our patrols on our stations..." Louie backed his sister up, "it was depressing, and we feel helpless..."

Steve sighed, "yeah... nobody else feels more depressed and helpless than us," he said he sighed to stay focused, "anyway, why are you guys here?" he asked.