Chapter 8

Meanwhile in Lia's living room, Loki's hand is still in Lia's hands, there is silence between them now as they stare at each other's eyes. The awkward silence snapped them back to reality and their hands tore apart. Loki cleared his throat, Lia blushed and looked away, "So... uhm... you... you go do whatever you want, I'll start my house cleaning" Lia said standing up from the couch.

"House cleaning?" Loki asked.

"Yeah, I've not been home for a week due to my missions and hectic work schedule, I had to start doing house chores" Lia said, "if you want to watch TV you can do so, I have books too if you want to read" she offered.

"What sort of books do you read?" Loki asked curiously.

"The shelf is back in my room" Lia said pointing up, "the first door in the hallway before yours, choose whatever you want to read, I'll be doing my chores" Lia said before retreating.

Loki was left there standing before he went up and went to Lia's room and found her bookshelf filled with books of all sorts; educational books, her university books, novels, short story books, encyclopedias, etc.

Loki scanned the shelf and his hand came up to reach one of Lia's educational books and read the title; 'Cosmos: A Personal Voyage, by Carl Sagan, 1980' "hmm... looks interesting" Loki said and left the room to his room and started reading the book.

3 hours and 5 books later –

Loki is close to finishing his 5th book of the day, he then heard a soft instrumental tune coming from downstairs; piano, he was distracted by the tune that he put a bookmark in the page that he's reading and left the book on his bed and went downstairs. The tune is getting louder as he descends from the stairs, the tune is now accompanied by soft singing...

Lights will guide you home...

And ignites your bones...

And I will try to fix you...

He reached the living room where the piano and the person singing is located; it's Lia, she's playing the piano and singing beautifully.

Tears stream...

Down on your face...

When you lose something you can't replace...

Tears stream...

Down on your face...

And I...

"It's beautiful" a voice came from behind her and startled her, her head spun around and she saw Loki leaning by the doorframe of the living room, smiling at her, "such a beautiful sound and singing..." he added as he finally stood straight and walked towards her.

Lia smiled at him, "thank you..." she said before she scoot over her seat and patted the empty space of the chair, signaling him to sit down, Loki smiled and sat down beside her, "what is this thing? Some kind of instrument you mortals use when you're singing?" he asked gently.

"Yeah... this is called a piano, here let me show you" Lia introduced, she again pressed another key continuing the song she is singing earlier.

Lights will guide you home...

And ignite your bones...

And I will try to fix you...

Then she stopped playing and turned to his direction, "such a fascinating instrument, and such a beautiful singing too..." he complimented and looks at her, "I like it..." he smiled