Chapter 12

Later that night –

Lia's POV:

"Really?... change of heart?... or is it because he likes you and you fall for him too..."

I tossed around as the words rang in my head for like a thousandth times today,

"I bet he has grown fond of you already, and I think you do too..."

I tossed around again; I can't take Tony's words out of my mind, is he right? Have I really... grown fond of Loki? Does that explain my heart's reaction to him? Does... does he feel the same? I mean... I felt his reaction matching with mine but I never read his thoughts about me, it's private and if want to tell me, he'll tell.

As for me... what do I really feel? Am I really... fond of him? Well... I do like him but... was that liking... equivalent to... love?

Sigh. *eyes close and fell asleep*

Loki's POV:

"Really?... change of heart?... or is it because he likes you and you fall for him too..."

I tossed around as the words rang in my head, Lia didn't know but I eavesdrop to her conversation with metal man and arrow boy earlier.

"I bet he has grown fond of you already, and I think you do too..."

Could metal man be right? Have I... have I really grown fond of Lia? I mean... she's very likable and I like her so much, but was my fondness for her... meant other things? Like... love?

Hmm...

Back to narration:

Avengers' Tower, 12:13 AM –

Tony entered his lab holding a cup of coffee in his hand; he proceeded to one of the tables with scattered metal parts on it. Looks like he's working on a new suit. Suddenly, he felt a presence just around the corner of his lab. He turned around to check behind him, and as soon as he turned back Loki is standing in front of him on the opposite side of the table. Tony jumped in shock.

"What the hell?!" Tony shouted and he dropped his coffee cup to the floor breaking it and spilling the coffee, "why are you here?!" he asked in panic

Loki smiled a charming smile, "well hello to you too, metal man" he greeted. Tony took a step back, "for your information its 'Iron Man' and what do you want?" he asked sternly. "Would you relax Stark, I just have some queries" Loki said, "I know what happened earlier and how Li—Lauren wrecked your precious vehicle" he teased. Tony sighed remembering what happened earlier, "now what do you want?" he asked crossing his arms to his chest, "Lauren put my head on the guillotine, don't worry I won't say a thing about you being here or she will behead me" he assured.

Loki bit his lower lip shyly, "it's not that..." he started, Tony detangled his crossed arms, surprised at his shy reaction, he leaned to the table placing his hand on the table to support his body, "do you... do you really think I'm fond of Lauren?" Loki asked shyly

Tony was shocked, did he drink too much coffee today? His eyes blinked a few times, "you... you came here just to ask that?" Tony said in disbelief, a blush crept up on Loki's face. Tony was shocked even more, did Loki just blushed? He blinked a few times again, "s-shouldn't you be the one to tell if you're fond of her or not? Why come here?" Tony asked again

"Because I don't know, okay?" Loki said in frustration, "I'm not really an expert in these kind of... pathetic sentiments!" he huffed "and you said earlier... that I like her" he added and blushed. Tony blinked again, "you were listening?" he asked. Loki scoffed, "I heard everything including you calling me a monster" he said crossing his arms to his chest "so nice of you..." he spat sarcastically.

Tony's lips pursed a straight line, "erm... back to your question; so you don't know if you like Lauren or not, eh? Hmm... do you blush like this around her?" Tony asked, "Why did you ask?" Loki asked, "Just answer!" Tony demanded.

"Yeah... I did" Loki said blushing again

"Hmm... does your heart beat fast around her?" Tony asked again, Loki nodded, "did she mesmerize you?" Loki nodded, Tony squinted his eyes, "do you like her?" Loki nodded. Tony smirked, Loki looked at him wide eyed, Tony chuckled "There you have it!"

Loki's cheeks blushed harder, "how did you do that?!" he whined. Tony's chuckle grew into laughter, "Another victim of cupid's arrows" he teased, "I was NOT a victim of arrow man's arrow!" Loki complained. Tony stopped laughing and deadpanned, "it's a metaphor, and it means... you have been shot by cupid in the heart! My, my... dear Loki, you're in love!!" Tony cheered and laughed again

"I... I am?" Loki questioned, "Yes you are! And I suggest you, don't miss this chance!" Tony encouraged, "Woo her! Get her! Make her yours! Don't let anyone take her away!" Tony added. Loki smiled at the support but then it turns a glum smile, "I hope it's that easy..." he sighed, "Why? Do you need help? I can give you advices! And even give you aid!" Tony suggested excitedly.

Loki smiled appreciatively, "like you said earlier; I'm a monster..." he said, Tony's excitement melted and he stared at him, "how could a monster like me end up with her? A monster whose hands were stained by the blood of innocents. A monster who tried to take over the world she protects..." Loki said in a saddest tone Tony could ever hear from a former villain, Loki smiled glumly, "she deserve better... I'm just gonna have to pester in her home until I find a way to go back to Asgard" he looked at Tony and smiled gratefully, "thank you for not being fierce with me and answering my queries without agitation, I appreciate your help too... and I'm sorry for the trouble" Loki said, Tony was in full shock with each word, Loki gave him another smile before his illusion vanished.

Tony was left there alone and in shock, "I need rest..." he muttered to himself before he walked out of the lab.