Chapter 10

Lia's POV:

Great. Amazing. The second in command to Elena and unit Alpha's colonel not to mention, my mentor; none other than Elena's younger brother, Roland Villendez, is here! He's here! I need to play it cool, oh my gosh!

"R-Roland...?" I stuttered, damn! I could do better than that! "what are you doing here?" I said as I step out and slowly pulled the door, leaving it ajar

He smiled at me calmly, but damn it's still intimidating "I came here to pass you this" he said handing me a folder. I took it and look at it for a while, hmm... no writings on the front cover, just our unit's insignia meaning this is our assignment, "what is this? Our next assignment?" I asked not opening the folder yet.

"No not at the moment" he said, "can I come in so I can explain further?" he asked. I gulped but not too obvious, I work my mind to slowly and quietly shut the door of Loki's room upstairs and lock it from outside before I took a step back widening the door for him. He took a step inside my house and stood in front of me as I close the door.

"So what is this about?" I said turning around to face him. He slipped his hands into his pants' pockets and spoke "it's not really an assignment, not at the moment... Elena asked me to distribute it to your unit to review, it's just a bit of information regarding your last mission in Algeria" he explained. I looked at him puzzled, "information? You mean there's more to it than just... smuggling our weapons?" I asked.

He nodded, "yeah... just yesterday unit Alpha flew to Algeria to interrogate the smugglers, turns out they're not just illegal smugglers, the rest of the others are inside the folder" he said pointing at the folder in my hands, "I would've sent Ezekiel to make it easier but he's currently busy in the HQ office receiving reports from Delta until they return" he sighed "it's Charlie's break but he's still working, my poor brother"

I smiled, "you know... you could've just FedEx this to make it easier" I said with a chuckle. He chuckled too, "I did FedEx the folders to the others who are too far away, but you... you're just an hour drive away" he said with a smile.

Crap. That's true. I just nodded with a fake smile on my face, "so anything else?" I asked, 'cause I could hear Loki calling for me and knocking the door from upstairs, I'm only muffling the door's sound with my powers cause I can't hypnotize Roland to hear nothing, he will find out, he trained me! He knows how my powers work!

He just smiled, "no nothing else, I just intend on sending this to you" he said before turning around heading to the door, I followed him, "I'll be in touch with you once I read the file" I said holding the door open for him, he just nodded and went out the house to his car and drove off. I sighed out before stepping back inside and shutting the door close before unlocking Loki's door. That was stressful.

Loki's POV:

I'm not gonna last 5 minutes on changing why does she have to lock me? Ugh! I'm already dressed to her suggested style when I heard the door shut and locked, I don't know why and even my windows were shut too. I knocked at the door, "Lia? What's going on?" I said in a mildly loud tone, I pressed my ear against the door but I couldn't hear anything, I knocked again and again.

Well, I felt ridiculous knocking the door from the inside so I gave up and sat at my bed for a good 5 minutes, until I heard the curtains on my window swiped front covering the window. I stood and went to the door knocking it again calling for Lia, "Lia? What's wrong? Can you hear me?" I called still on a mildly loud tone, I pressed my ear again to the door and I finally heard something; the sound of the door unlocking, I quickly opened the door and went down the stairs and found her sitting at the couch and her back leaning on the backrest of the couch, she's exhaling deeply, "is everything okay?" I asked