Chapter 17

A/N: too much OC plot in this chapter. Hope you like it though! :) -Joyce

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you Lauren, for offering shelter and taking care of my brother" Thor said, "I'll be back again tomorrow to visit him" he added.

Lia smiled, "it's nothing... I made him promises, and I care about him a lot" she said.

Thor smiled, "I just wanted to say I like you for him; you're nice, caring and I see that you truly love him" he said.

She blushed "of course I do, but Thor... he needs you" she said "I'm here for him and I love him with all my heart, but he still needs you to love him with all your heart, he came to believe that he had no family and doesn't belong anywhere... please, prove him wrong" she pleaded.

Thor smiled "I will... I promise you and thank you again" he said "I'll see you tomorrow, Lady Lauren" he said taking her hand and kissed the back of her palm "please take good care of my brother" he said. She smiled "I will..." she replied. Thor let her hand go and walked to the quinjet joining the Avengers and they left.

Lia sighed and closed the door, then she went up to check on Loki, "Loki...?" she called knocking on the door "Can I come in?" there is no answer, she still opened the door anyway but she just peeked from the door "Loki...?" she called again. Loki was standing in front of the window just staring out of it, "yes love... you can come in" he said without turning around to look at her.

Lia relaxed and widen the door for her to enter, she walked towards Loki and said nothing; instead she enveloped him in a warm embrace from the back, Loki leaned in to her embrace and he ran his hands over Lia's arms that is wrapped around his waist, "Thor is saying the truth, your father didn't send him to capture you and throw you back to prison..." Lia said softly "do you want me to ease your mind again?" she suggested.

Loki smiled and gently loosened her arms around him so he could turn around to face her, Lia remained hugging him after he turned and he placed his hands on her cheeks, "my love, you're the only one I need for me to feel eased" he said. Lia blushed and rested her head on his chest, listening to the beat of his heart and she closed her eyes "Then what do you want me to do for you?" she asked softly.

Loki sighed, resting his chin on the top of her head "I just need you to stay with me..." he said. She smiled "I'm not going anywhere" she replied then she looked up to him and smiled "I'll never go anywhere..." she repeated, he smiled but her eyes suddenly laced with worry "and what about you? Will you stay with me?" she asked.

His smile faded a bit "I'll never go anywhere as well..." he said and sighed "unless I have to go..." he added. She bowed her head, sadness filled her, he worriedly looked at her "hey... don't be sad, it breaks my heart" he softly said, she looked back up at him and smiled, "that's more like it..." he said and leaned over to kiss her softly and passionately.

Later –

Lia and Loki are on the couch of the living room; Loki is reading a book while Lia is laying her head on his lap fiddling her phone. Then suddenly her phone vibrated and it fell from her grip and smacked right to her face, "OW!" she yelped, "Oh dear... are you okay?" Loki asked concerned. Lia got up rubbing her nose, "Yeah..." she simply said and answered her phone, "Hello?" she said.

Caller: Hello Lia...

Lia: oh hey Elena... what's up?

Elena: we've got the results from the bodies

Lia: *got up from the couch* really? So, what is it about?

Elena: be thankful, they're not real humans; they are clones