Chapter 14

Somewhere far away from the park –

"Hi, my name is Elena and I am the leader of C.S.I" Elena introduced extending her hand to Loki who stood frozen in front of her, she smiled "don't worry, I don't bite..." Loki just stared at her extended hand and looked at her, she smiled again "come on, don't leave me hanging..." she said in a friendly tone. Loki gulped before accepting the handshake, Elena smiled wider then she turned to Lia, "you know you could've said something Lia, I would gladly hear you out" she said calmly.

Lia looked at her leader, "I didn't know what to do during that time, all I know is I have to rescue him and protect him..." she explained and sighed "considering he's a former villain, I played it safe" she added.

"Played it safe by hiding it to your team? That hurts, I wonder how your unit is going to react" Elena said. "How did you know about him being here?" Lia asked.

Elena shrugged, "I didn't exactly know, I said I had an idea of his presence here. Hannah and Louie are suspicious; they know you're hiding something so they came to me to ask if someone from Asgard came here. I've asked Stark if Thor is here and said he isn't, so I figured maybe another Asgardian entity is here" she explained. Lia sighed "I know you understand Elena, and I will fully accept whatever treatment they'll give towards me after finding out about this" Lia said sternly.

After hearing it, Loki looked towards Lia and saw her serious face; from beginning to this point, she's doing it for him, but why? Elena nodded, "of course I understand, I just hope unit Charlie's just as understanding. They're kinda pissed off with his entrance..." she said and her eyes strayed to Loki's direction.

Loki's lips pursed a straight line and cleared his throat, "uhm... I just wanted to say... I'm sorry if the way I entered ruined anything that you and your team is doing that time, I haven't done that yet" he said. Elena smiled at him, "save it for next time, when you face unit Charlie" she said. Loki smiled, "I guess they're some fierce group of people, I feel like if I fall before any of them except Lia, they'll kill me instantly" he said chuckling softly

Elena smiled again, "they sure will, considering what you did to New York, they've got loved ones hurt during the attack" she said bluntly earning a glare from Lia, Loki just smiled "I figured as well, but I wouldn't blame them... I deserve their punishment" he said. Lia took his hand to hers and squeezed it with assurance "and I won't let that happen, I don't care if they detain me or suspend me from the unit... I promised to protect you" she said and smiled. Elena smiled at their connection

Loki smiled at her, "you don't have to do that, I don't want you going against your team" he said putting his other hand on top of her hands and squeezed it gently. Elena's smile faded into a smirk, she saw what's going on here so she step back leaving the two of them make googoo eyes at each other while she join her teammates in a discussion. "Whatever happens, I will not let them hurt you..." she assured him again. He smiled "you're too kind, I wonder how you do that" he said and chuckled, "huh! What can I say, I'm always nice" she said and they both laughed.

"Aww look at that, you guys looks so good together" Elena teased causing the mage and the telepath to blush, Elena smirked; she knew it. "What are you talking about? We're good friends!" Lia defended, Loki turned away "I didn't say anything, I just said you look good together because of your bond, but okay..." Elena explained, "I'll head to the car first" Loki announced and walked towards the car and went in first.

Elena took three step closer to Lia and stood beside her, "I can see the way you look at him" she said lowly, Lia turned to look at her leader, blush evident on her cheeks "and I saw the way he looks at you too, and I'm sure you know now, right?" she said. Lia shook, Elena blink in surprised "how come?" she asked.