Chapter 15

The next day –

Loki jumped on the couch joining Lia who is fiddling her phone. She looked at him and smiled, "hey..." he greeted and he leaned his head on her shoulder, she smiled and blushed leaning her cheek on top of his head, "hey..." she greeted back. "What do you wanna do today?" he asked, she shrugged "I don't know..." she answered.

Loki sat up straight, "How about I take you out this time?" he asked. She chuckled, "And where would you take me, hmm?" she asked, he smiled ever- so charmingly and her heart raced "I'll show you..." he said and took her hand pulling her out of the couch and led her out the house.

Loki led Lia out on the forest near her house, "where are you taking me?" she asked, his hand gripped securely around hers and he smiled "patience, my dear..." he said in a charming tone. "You're not kidnapping me or anything, do you?" she teased, he scoffed "if I am doing that, you would've already killed me because you will know" he teased back, she chuckled "well, I trust you..." she said, he smiled "then trust me darling, you will like it" he said. Did he just call me darling? She thought and she blushed.

Later on, they reached a lake in the middle of the forest and they stopped, Loki turned to face her and reached her other hand so he's holding both her hands, he smiled at her "what are we doing here?" she asked smiling up at him, he hummed "can't you guess?" he asked teasingly. She chuckled, "really, why?" she asked again. Loki smiled, dropping his left hand from holding hers and he bent down to dip his index finger on the lake, her eyes widened and her jaw dropped as she watch the entire lake go frozen solid.

Loki stood straight and smiled, Lia's wide eyes shot back at him asking for answers, "I received a generous tip from someone, saying you like ice skating..." he started and smiled at her "so here I am, bringing you out to go ice skating" he said before he swirled his hand in the air, freezing the foot of Lia's shoes, his hand came up to his own foot to freeze his shoes as well "come on, let's go skating..." he said and he took both her hand guiding her as they step on the ice and started skating.

Lia was speechless, he did this for her? This is just so sweet, "I-I don't know what to say..." she stuttered "thank you..." she said appreciatively. He smiled, "this is a small favor, compared to everything you did for me; all your kindness and understanding, and your willingness to protect me... despite all I did to your world, despite my imperfections and mistakes... you looked way past that and befriend me, so... I thank you from the bottom of my heart" he said "and I also want to make you happy, I hope I'm succeeding" he chuckled. She chuckled too, "I am happy..." she said "especially if it's with you..." she added. He blushed and they continued skating, they also waltz around the ice; they laughed and had so much fun together.

They stopped in the middle of the frozen lake; panting and laughing, facing each other and hands together, their laughter softens until they finally stopped and they just smiled at each other. She looked at her shoes covered in ice and saw a chip of ice coming off the heel of her shoe and took it off then held it on the palm of her hand. "You know, one of the C.S.I's also have ice powers... he does this once in a while" she casually said, he hummed "so ice powers are common gift here on earth?" he asked. She chuckled, "no... not everyone here has powers, just a few... uhm... people" she said. "Huh!" he huffed "so I'm not that unique to you anymore..." he teased, she chuckled and she playfully brushed the ice on his cheek, solely meant to make fun of him.

But he reacted violently on it, "NO!!" he shouted tearing his hands off her and pushing her away but not too strong, he skated away from her and turned around. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!!" she panicked and skated towards him.

"DON'T COME NEAR ME!!" he shouted, she froze "please... stay back..." he said almost crying.

She trembled, "I-I didn't know it would hurt you, I'm so sorry..." she said guiltily. He didn't answer, he's just breathing in and out heavily still not facing her. She felt terrified, "Loki...?" she called her voice slightly breaking, "a-are you mad...?" she asked, she slowly and carefully skated towards him and her hand reached to his shoulder but reluctant to touch him, "please... i didn't mean to hurt you... I'm sorry..." she said and her hand landed on his shoulder and she slowly turned him around.

What she saw next surprised her; Loki's skin is blue, it's a darker shade of blue and his face has a few lines and markings on it, his eyes are red like rubies. Her jaw dropped, "I look horrible right?" he said dejectedly "this is what I meant when I said that I am a monster..." he added, he looked at her shocked expression and sighed "and now you see me..."

"Is this... your true form?" she asked, her voice lacing with amazement instead of disgust and her hand slowly brushing through his arm, "gosh... you look... beautiful" she said in mesmerized tone, her fingers traced the lines on his face and her eyes looked straight to his, "and your eyes... gosh... it's so beautiful..." she said "you're so beautiful..." she added and both her hands rested on his face. The warm touch of her hand brought back his pale skin, he's turning back to normal, she frowned "no, no! Bring it back! I want to see it again..." she pleaded "please... bring it back, I want to see your true form again" she added

"But... it was horrible—" he said but she cut her off, "it's not! You look beautiful..." she said, her thumb rubbing against his cheek, "please... bring it back..." she pleaded. He sighed closing his eyes and his skin is turning deep blue again, she smiled at the sight of it "gosh... you look so beautiful" she praised "how can you call yourself a monster? You're... you're... you're just... perfect..." she sighed in awe.

"I told you before I am not a true Asgardian, right? Well this is me, the REAL me... I'm actually a Jotun; a frost giant" he explained, her eyes never leaving his face "and back in Asgard; Jotuns are monsters, because we're giants and our form is feared by everyone..." he added and he sighed.

"Well I don't fear you... and you're not a monster" she said still in awe, he stared at her why won't she despise me? "I don't care what you are and who you are, or what you look like, you're an Asgardian or not, I don't care!" she said "I will never look at you differently"

He studied the look of her face and remembered what Elena told him last night: "you have only seen the mesmerizing sight of her eyes, but you haven't seen the real and best look of it...," he looked straight into her eyes and he saw it; there is love, honesty, sincerity... innocence.

"Why would you look at me like that?" he blurted out, she just stared at him "why would you look at me as though I'm not imperfect, as though I'm not guilty? Why would you look at me with such innocence? As if I am as innocent as your eyes" he asked.

"Because you are..." she replied softly, "to me... you are..." she added, he gazed at her with so much love and appreciation. She smirked "and what about you? Why would you look at me with so much love?" she asked smiling as she already knew the answer

He smiled, "because I do..." he said in a husky tone, "I love you, Lia..." he declared. 

She smiled wider, "I love you too..." she replied.

He smiled from ear to ear and his heart raced in so much happiness, she returned the smile too and before she could even say a word again, he leaned forward claiming her lips and they kissed passionately. His skin turned back to normal as they continued the kiss and her hands circled around his neck, butterflies invaded their stomachs and chills ran down their spines as their kiss deepen. They broke the kiss and struggled to catch their breaths, they are blushing madly as they looked at each other and smiled.

"I suppose you can bring this lake back to normal, right?" she asked still panting, he smiled "of course I could, but right now... let's just enjoy this for a while more" he suggested. She smiled and she pulled the collar of his shirt towards her and she kissed him passionately again.

"I love you so much..." she said in between their kiss

"I love you too..." he replied and they resumed to kissing