Chapter 16 (part 1) - Susan

Authors Note: Hey guys, I know it's really short but it's part 1 of chapter 16, because I am going away for a week and I haven't uploaded in a while I decided to give you a little something to read while I'm away so you wouldn't have to wait as long.

Chapter 16 (Part 1) – Susan

I had been walking for days. Just walking. My brain kept telling me to stop but my heart made me keep going. I needed to find Sam. I didn’t want to exist without him.

My head was pounding and my body felt limp and weak. I had to stop sooner or later. I chose later. I needed to find him.

I carried on walking, dragging my bare feet against the dusty, muddy ground. All I had left was hope.

“Sam!” I croaked. Then carried on walking.

“Sam!” I whined. Then carried on walking.

“Sam!” I moaned. Then carried on walking.

“I need you……”

It had turned dark and I couldn’t see where I was walking. I decided I needed to settle down for the night. I sat down and scrunched myself into a ball.

Before I knew it I was slowing drifting into a peaceful sleep.

“Get her before she wakes up” whispered a deep voice in my dream.

“Yes, sir” said the others.

I felt tugging on my body and I flicked open my eyes. “What are you doing?” I screamed.

Standing over me were about four soldiers holding rope. I couldn’t believe it. I had escaped and now a different troop had found me. If they caught me and took me to Zalagon then maybe Sam would be there and we could run away together? Not much of a possibility, but it was the only thing that was good that could happen.

I felt all the men tightening rope around my body and yanking me up.

“I wouldn’t try to escape. If you do, we will kill you” said the leader.

I gulped. I had to keep hold of my hope.

© 2012 by purple13. All rights reserved.